NEW: 2016 RWCMD New Writing Festival with Sherman Theatre, Paines Plough and The Royal Court Theatre

Event Details

NEW: 2016 RWCMD New Writing Festival with Sherman Theatre, Paines Plough and The Royal Court Theatre

Time: March 22, 2016 at 8:15pm to April 1, 2016 at 10pm
Street: Castle Grounds, Cathays Park, Cardiff CF10 3ER
City/Town: Cardiff
Phone: +44 (0)29 2039 1391
Event Type: performance
Organized By: Sherman Theatre
Latest Activity: Mar 23, 2016

Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)

Event Description

We are delighted to be working with Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama to present All That I Am, a new play by Daf James, directed by Adele Thomas and assisted by our Artistic Director Rachel O'Riordan as Dramaturg. This will be presented as part of the Richard Burton Company's weeklong celebration of new writing.

Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama also continue their collaboration with The Royal Court Theatre and Paines Plough presenting three new plays by some of the UK’s exciting new writing talent; Elinor Cook, Ali Taylor and Joe Ward Munrow.

All That I Am

“We all could have said a million things. But it wouldn't have made a difference because he said nothing.“

Vix needs absolution, Tugs needs a drink, and Titch still needs to be told.

After their friend takes his own life, a group of disparate young people gathers together to write his eulogy; but when the night unravels, so too do their perceptions of him, and each other. As they dispute their right to grieve they begin to wonder who they all are now that he has gone; yet through the violent throws of competitive grief, they share a moment in time, which changes them forever.

Comic, dark and devastating, All That I Am is an elegy to what is left when language fails you.

NEW: 2016 returns for a third exciting year with another four world premieres at home in Cardiff before transferring once again to London’s Gate Theatre, a venue known to springboard the most exceptional new talent.

NEW: 2016 will be presented as part of A Nation’s Theatre, a festival shining a light on exciting and diverse theatre being made outside London, across the UK.

Venue: Bute Theatre 
Tickets: £8, £6 concessions

Performance times of All That I Am:

Tuesday 22 March 8.15pm
Wednesday 23 March 8.15pm
Thursday 24 March 1.15pm & 6.15pm
Friday 25 March 1.15pm

Also showing at the Gate Theatre, London:

Tuesday 29 March 6pm 
Thursday 31 March 1pm 
Friday 1 April 8pm

For a full schedule of New: 2016 performance times and to book tickets please visit the RWCMD website.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

RSVP for NEW: 2016 RWCMD New Writing Festival with Sherman Theatre, Paines Plough and The Royal Court Theatre to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Attending (1)

Might attend (1)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service