Information

Access Forum

The Access Forum is, in it's physical form, a quarterly meeting for arts organisations, individuals, audience members, freelancers, creators, makers and everyone in between to get together and talk about access.

On this group, we'll be sharing what we discuss at those meetings, the ideas we have, and any thoughts you might have on access.

We're aiming to make everything we do more accessible to more people, and to share everything we do to help each other.

Members: 37
Latest Activity: Sep 29

Discussion Forum

Resources and Top Tips 1 Reply

Hi allOn this thread, I will start posting resources that have been found and made after each Access Forum.I'm currently working on the Marketing and Communications Resource, which will include…Continue

Tags: resources

Started by Rhian Lewis. Last reply by National Theatre Wales May 31.

Access Forum: Meeting Minutes and Ideas 4 Replies

Our first meeting was held on Wednesday 2 March, at Chapter Arts Centre, Cardiff, with our second at Sherman Theatre Cardiff.Please check back here next week for all the minutes and ideas raised in…Continue

Started by Rhian Lewis. Last reply by Rhian Lewis Apr 6.

Any Ideas? 7 Replies

If you've got an idea, thought or something you'd like to discuss, please share it here...Continue

Started by Rhian Lewis. Last reply by Rhian Lewis Feb 6.

Deaf Theatre Club at the Sherman Theatre

Hi Please find some resources below we have created for Deaf Theatre Club at the Sherman TheatreThanks to Jonny Cotsen and Stephanie Back for all their helpWe have recently added some BSL videos we…Continue

Started by Guy O'Donnell Feb 4.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Access Forum to add comments!

Comment by Jonny Cotsen on March 18, 2016 at 14:38

Thanks Rhian. Found it now! :) I am on the accessibility team for 'Jem & Ella' and having seen, tried out the app which I really liked, I think it's something that we can discuss in the next meeting or on this forum. The question is... do the audience prefer the standard captioning on stage (costs a lot of money) or use a hand-hand tablet with captioning (cost effective). Also it may not appeal to an older audience? Lot's to discuss. Maybe it would be quite good if some of us could see this app first hand at the Sherman / Riverfront to give their views on the app so it's not just me giving an opinion...?

Comment by Sherman Theatre on March 18, 2016 at 14:15

It is certainly something we can feedback on in terms of success/failure outcomes. Thanks Rhian

Comment by Rhian Lewis on March 18, 2016 at 14:13

Hi Sherman,

I'm pretty sure won't be in April - We agreed quarterly meetings were best so that's a bit early for us all.

However, if the app is being used then, we could talk about it in the next meeting? Technology and resources is one of the key themes, and there are a couple of people who could bring ideas/resources to the table, including Jacob at NTW and the team at UCAN.

Rhi
x

Comment by Sherman Theatre on March 18, 2016 at 14:10

Hi Rhian.  Do we know when the next one is going to be?  We have Jem and Ella coming up soon at the Sherman (8 & 9 April) and they have created Access: app for Deaf People / hard of hearing people and blind people / visually impaired people.  This might be an interesting event to discuss access needs around? 

Comment by Rhian Lewis on March 18, 2016 at 14:06

Just above this box you'll the DISCUSSION FORUM, click on ACCESS FORUM: MEETING MINUTES AND IDEAS, and they're in that thread

Comment by Jonny Cotsen on March 18, 2016 at 14:05

Where can we find the word document of the minutes? I am normally quite tech savvy but I am struggling with this one...! :( (sorry!)

Comment by Rhian Lewis on March 18, 2016 at 13:51

Hi all,

I've added the minutes from the last meeting, both in full and in a doc. There are a couple of actions and ideas that came out of the meeting, and the minutes reflect the thoughts and ideas the people in the room came up with.

If you have anything to add, or any additions, please do send them to me on here or to my email rhianlewis@nationaltheatrewales.org

I'll be working on getting some draft templates and welcoming ideas for future meetings soon, so please check back

Thanks

Rhian

Comment by Rhian Lewis on March 17, 2016 at 10:22

No worries Sara! Maggie did an amazing job in your absence. I'll be writing the minutes up tomorrow, so will be sharing really soon!
x

Comment by Sara Beer on March 17, 2016 at 10:14

Sorry I couldn't make the meeting. Looking forward to reading the minutes

Members (37)

Stay Up To Date

Enter your email address:

image block identification

© 2017   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service