Information

Access Forum

The Access Forum is, in it's physical form, a quarterly meeting for arts organisations, individuals, audience members, freelancers, creators, makers and everyone in between to get together and talk about access.

On this group, we'll be sharing what we discuss at those meetings, the ideas we have, and any thoughts you might have on access.

We're aiming to make everything we do more accessible to more people, and to share everything we do to help each other.

Members: 32
Latest Activity: on Friday

Discussion Forum

Any Ideas? 7 Replies

If you've got an idea, thought or something you'd like to discuss, please share it here...Continue

Started by Rhian Lewis. Last reply by Rhian Lewis Feb 6.

Deaf Theatre Club at the Sherman Theatre

Hi Please find some resources below we have created for Deaf Theatre Club at the Sherman TheatreThanks to Jonny Cotsen and Stephanie Back for all their helpWe have recently added some BSL videos we…Continue

Started by Guy O'Donnell Feb 4.

Resources and Top Tips

Hi allOn this thread, I will start posting resources that have been found and made after each Access Forum.I'm currently working on the Marketing and Communications Resource, which will include…Continue

Tags: resources

Started by Rhian Lewis Jan 20.

Help? 5 Replies

Has anyone got contact details for Mared or Megan from UCAN please?Or is anyone happy to pass on my contact details?kelly.barr@ndcwales.co.uk / 02920 635600Ta very much!Continue

Started by Kelly Barr. Last reply by National Theatre Wales Jul 22, 2016.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Access Forum to add comments!

Comment by Rhian Lewis on Friday

Hi Jo

Thanks for getting in touch.

It is definitely the ambition to have these meetings happening all over Wales, and the next one will hopefully be in Venue Cymru, North Wales in March. Since we depend on people giving us space for free, and finding people to help us run them, we're kind of in the position where we need to do some work to find those people and get them off the ground. There isn't any funding for the meetings either, but we're ambitious to make it a national thing.

If you'd like to chat about it further and help me out in finding somewhere nearer you where we could do a forum, please drop me an email on rhianlewis@nationaltheatrewales.org and we can chat!

Thanks
Rhian

Comment by jo munton-vagabondi puppets on Friday
I'd be really interested in meeting up and really tackling these issues. But I'm based in the middle of wales with no driving licence because of my disability. Any meeting that are more accessible than cardiff ( unfortunately one of the hardest place to get to on public transport from mid wales ) x
Comment by Rhian Lewis on January 16, 2017 at 13:01

Next Access Forum confirmed!

With Jo Verrent
Thursday 2nd February, 6-8pm
Japan Room, Wales Millennium Centre
There will be a palantypist providing live, remote captioning

Please click you're attending, and share! Event here

Comment by Rhian Lewis on January 6, 2017 at 9:29

*Date for your diary*

The next access forum will be on Thursday February 2nd, with guest speaker Jo Verrent!

Venue and time not confirmed yet, but it will be an early evening as ever.

More information to follow!

Comment by Megan Merrett on November 22, 2016 at 14:53

Looking forward to seeing y'all on the 7th at my first Access Forum (*hangs head in shame*).

*BADGER ALERT*

I've added the Walls:Muriau Symposium as an event on here. Would be great to see lots of you there as a precursor to this discussion on audience.

Thursday 24th November, 10am-4pm

Wales Millennium Centre, Weston Studio

The focus is on Mental Health, audience development and working practices for artists, audiences and arts professionals with mental ill health. Should be a great day of lively discussion. Details of speakers and panel on the event page.

Please, pretty please book on ASAP here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/symposiwm-wallsmuriau-symposium-ticket...

We've tried to keep it as cheap as possible and the cost includes your lunch.

Any questions or comments just throw them my way on here, on twitter @megomerrett or @we_are_hynt or email megan@creucymru.com

Comment by Rhian Lewis on November 21, 2016 at 11:35

Next Access Forum confirmed!

Access Forum: Audience
Wednesday 7th December, 6-8pm
Wales Millennium Centre, Plant Room (Please sign in at Stage Door)

Let us know you're coming here

We'll be focusing on the audience, and how we communicate with them, reach them, market our shows to them. We'll then open up the discussion to cover any topics which may be of interest to you.

x

Comment by Megan Merrett on November 16, 2016 at 12:26

Hello

Would be great to see you at the Walls:Muriau symposium on 24th November at Wales Millennium Centre.

Brought to you by hynt in partnership with Disability Arts Cymru we'll be focusing on:

How we can reduce stigma and challenge perceptions around mental health

• Audience Development: what we can do to increase access to and involvement in the arts for those experiencing and living with mental ill health
  • Artists: what we can do to support emerging and established artists living with mental illness

Presenting in the morning:

Professor Mike Kerr, a clinical psychiatrist researching the overlaps between learning disability, psychiatric disorders and epilepsy. “Breaking down the barriers: Improving mental health in people with a learning disability.” (focus on reducing stigma and outlining what Mental Health means)

Catriona James, independent dance artist (focusing on working practices, the artist’s perspective and making and promoting work about Mental Health)  

Karin Diamond, Re-Live (focusing on audience development, professional training and marketing “issue based” work from a touring theatre company perspective)

Mark Smith, Making Minds - mental health and the arts

Panel discussion:

Viv Gordon, Mean Feet Dance

Strinda Davies, Arts Development UK

Rhys Bevan-Jones, http://rhysbevanjones.com/page2.htm

Book spaces here:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/symposiwm-wallsmuriau-symposium-ticket...  

Comment by Rhian Lewis on November 14, 2016 at 11:25
Another note from me!
Support Captioning Awareness week this week! 

Find out how you can get involved in #CAPaware16... http://www.stagetext.org/reviews/captioning-awareness-week
Comment by Rhian Lewis on November 14, 2016 at 10:35

Hi everyone,

Please pop 7th of December in your diaries (heavily penicilled!) as the next date for the Access Forum. We really want to get one in before Christmas, so fingers crossed lots of you can come. I'll be back in touch with location and times asap!

Thanks

Rhian

Comment by National Theatre Wales on November 8, 2016 at 11:33

Hi Access Forum crew!

Wales' Mental Health Festival is coming up, and I wanted to let you all know what's going on across the event.

Weston Studio Events

Glanfa Stage Events

There's also a call out for volunteers to support the events. More info here

Thanks!

Rhian

Members (32)

© 2017   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service