Information

Actors

An official National Theatre Wales group

Actors who want to hear about news and opportunities at National Theatre Wales, and keep in touch with each other.

View the National Theatre Wales Casting Policy here.

Members: 1009
Latest Activity: Mar 28, 2023

Discussion Forum

Casting Call

Started by Caroline Sabin Jun 16, 2021.

CASTING CALL

Started by Stacey Daly Jun 16, 2021.

BoomTown 2019

Started by Kristoffer Huball Feb 26, 2019.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Actors to add comments!

Comment by Paul Jenkins on November 5, 2019 at 4:17

We have a few places left at our HAMLETS Hubs in Newport and Cardiff - starting this Saturday 9th (WMC) and Monday 11th (Newport Riverfront). HAMLETS is a free Wales-wide project exploring the possibility of creating a massive ensemble of young Hamlets. Working with some of Wales' most dynamic theatre-makers we are looking for 18-25 year olds to come along and explore their experience of life in Wales today through Hamlet. All genders and all levels of experience (including none) very very welcome ... details below or email interest to pauljenx@me.com.

https://messupthemess.co.uk/hamlets/

Image may contain: text

Comment by Bethan Morgan on September 26, 2019 at 0:33

MERCURY THEATRE WALES - SYNERGIZE

Are you an actor/writer/producer/stage manager/director?

Come and join us for our next SYNERGIZE meeting, this Monday 30th September 5-7pm, Tesco's Community Room, Western Avenue, Cardiff.

Synergize is the habit of creative cooperation. It is teamwork, open-mindedness, and the adventure of finding new solutions to old problems. But it doesn't just happen on its own. It's a process, and through that process, people bring all their personal experience and expertise to the table.

Email info@mercurytheatrewales.co.uk for more details.

Comment by Osian Rhys on August 16, 2019 at 0:31

WANTED - CHOREOGRAPHER & DANCE TEACHER

Role:

To choreograph dances and musical numbers in a variety of different styles for a showcase production. To teach dance to students of varying abilities.

Students:

Aged 5 - 13, varying skill levels and experience.

Frequency:

Weekly classes (2 hours, Wednesday evenings.) Possible extra classes on Tuesdays as a production nears.

Ideal Candidate:

Qualified to teach dance. Skilled in many styles (Ballet, Jazz, Musical Theatre, Contemporary, Street etc...) Experienced in working with children. Experience of producing performances (Musicals, Plays, Dance Shows, etc...)

Pay:

£30 per 2 hour class.

Dates:

September the 11th, 2019 - April, 2020. (With a possibility of continuing on afterwards.)

Application:

Please email a short personal statement and CV to

info@forgedrama.com

Closing date August the 28th, 2019.

Comment by Bethan Morgan on June 7, 2019 at 8:01

MERCURY THEATRE WALES

Our next SYNERGIZE meeting will be on Monday 24th June 5pm - 7pm in Tesco's Community Room, Western Avenue, Cardiff.
This month's session will be led by actor & director Lynn Hunter and open to all actors, directors, writers and producers.
If you'd like to join us please email info@mercurytheatrewales.co.uk for more details.

SYNERGIZE is the habit of creative cooperation. It is teamwork, open-mindedness, and the adventure of finding new solutions to old problems. But it doesn't just happen on its own. It's a process, and through that process, people bring all their personal experience and expertise to the table.

Comment by Paul-Robbie Stoyle on May 22, 2019 at 23:21
Zenpens Silent Morning Retreat
Zenpens are offering a short morning retreat on the 22nd June at the Cardiff Quaker Meeting House, 43 Charles Street, Cardiff CF10 2GB.

Meeting at 10 am will we begin with a short writing exercises and continue silent writing until 12 pm.

How much?

Money collected at the retreat is used to pay for the space and its upkeep. If you can, please pay the suggested donation of £8 or £5 concession.

Spaces are limited, so please email Paul Stoyle at zenpenssilentretreat@gmail.comto confirm your place or visithttps://zenpens-silentwritersretreats.yolasite.com/ for more information.  

Best wishes,

Zenpens.

“All know the way, few actually walk it”

-    Zen proverb

Comment by Clayton Travis on May 22, 2019 at 7:21
Well Victor, I am a young aspiring actor myself who has made a non-profit community company. Our company is entirely COMMUNITY based. If this website has any policies about posting non-professional opportunities, I will happily delete the post about my gig.
Comment by Terry Victor on May 22, 2019 at 6:16

I am not after the gig, Travis. However I do think actors of whatever age should be paid for their labour. Don't you?

Comment by Clayton Travis on May 22, 2019 at 6:12
Hello Phil and Victor, sorry this opportunity is for young actors aged 16-25 hoping to gain experience this is stated at the beginning of my post.
Comment by Terry Victor on May 22, 2019 at 5:47

Well said, Phil Croskin. I presume that Top Notch will be selling tickets.

Comment by Phil Croskin on May 22, 2019 at 5:39

Unpaid Opportunity

Interesting how you place that oxymoron right at the end of your announcement.

Don't you think we have had enough of doing work for nothing?

Members (1009)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service