Information

Creatives

An Official National Theatre Wales Group

Directors, designers, choreographers, composers, production people... A group for everyone who is interested in Creative Production at National Theatre Wales.

Members: 646
Latest Activity: Aug 8

Please read National Theatre Wales Guidelines for Artists

Before sending in any scripts or idea submissions, it is very important that you read the document below: National Theatre Wales Guidelines for Artists.

Guidelines for Artists

Discussion Forum

PAID WORK: Designer required for outdoor theatre show.

Started by Kristoffer Huball Feb 24.

Emerging Directors in the Carmarthen Area

Started by Osian Rhys Aug 15, 2016.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Creatives to add comments!

Comment by Fio on October 7, 2016 at 13:25

Everyopne feeling ecstatic with the audience and critics responses to The Mountaintop.

Even Katori Hall herself has been tweeting us!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "There are no other words to say than, Wow."

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️½ ''...in the closing scenes, there are goose bumps on every arm, tears in every eye and a silence that could hear a pin drop.''

Tickets: www.ticketsource.co.uk/otherroomtheatre

Still some tickets for tonight! Come on down!

7th - 15th October!

''This is theatre that will pack a punch, leaving you sweating, crying and completely rung out.’''

''Absolutely awesome! Don't miss it.''

''Blimey, go check out THE MOUNTAINTOP @Porterscardiff @wearefio @TORtheatre Fantastic play and brilliant performances. So much detail. ''

''Get yourselves down to @TORtheatre to see @wearefio wonderful production of #TheMountaintop - what a way to kick off the season!''

"The final sequence & soundtrack by Dan Lawrence is a thing of beauty" @FooseMoose #TheMountaintop @wearefio @TORtheatre full review soon!''

Tickets: www.ticketsource.co.uk/otherroomtheatre

Still some tickets for tonight! Come on down!

7th - 15th October!

CODE: FIO@TOR

Comment by Dr Tom Payne on October 4, 2016 at 19:00

Doppelgangster exploded onto the world stage with Catastrophilia (2015/16); an incendiary year of performances, online videos and subversive political interventions. Read the company's Annual Report 2015/16

Comment by Simon Coates on October 4, 2016 at 14:38

The Jerwood Foundation are trying to find out how much it costs to get started in the arts and creative sector, looking at the past 10 years.

They've put together a super short and simple questionnaire (it to me literally 1 min) -

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/WJCBartsincome

Comment by Fio on September 13, 2016 at 12:22

FIO ARE SEEKING PERFORMERS, POETS, MUSICIANS, SPOKEN WORD ARTISTS AND MORE FOR SPEAK EASY EVENT! 

As part of our production of The Mountaintop @ The Other Room we are looking to programme two Speak Easy Events on 8th and 15th October. 

What is a Speak Easy Event? 

Fio want to bring people together in a conversation about race, equality and poverty in 2016. Looking at the themes of The Mountaintop. Asking what has changed since the death of Martin Luther King?

We will be working with Black History Month Wales, Stand Upto Racism and other organisations to programme two event days including speeches, discussions, music, poetry and more. 

We are looking for people who are interested, inspired and motivated by issues around racism, poverty and equality. 

Comment by Matt Ball on September 7, 2016 at 14:53

I'm looking for a creative practitioner to work on a project in a Newport Primary school - more details in this post:  http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/job-creati...

Comment by Simon Coates on September 1, 2016 at 16:02
Comment by Emrys Barnes on July 13, 2016 at 10:45
Hi friends! For the past few months I've been working with WNO on an innovative modern opera all about student activism. This is the biggest project I've ever worked on, and I highly recommend it.

Tickets for under 30s are just £5, plus there are free open rehearsals. Details below, or let me know if you have any questions.

https://www.wno.org.uk/event/kommilitonen
Comment by Rogue'z Theatre Company on July 8, 2016 at 0:07
***AUDITIONS***

The Winter Gift Edinburgh 2016

Male 40-60, German accent.

Email Spotlight/CV/Headshot for more information and to book your audition ASAP to roguez-theatre@hotmail.co.uk

Auditions this Saturday. Casting ASAP. (Please let me know if you'd like to audition but are unavailable this weekend.)
Comment by Ruth Stringer on July 7, 2016 at 9:49

Hi all!

If you've got a spare 20 minutes or so this Sunday afternoon, come join me for a free making workshop at The Other Room, Cardiff!  It's for a community art installation in response to recent statistics about Syrian refugees. Suitable for all ages, running 3.30-5.30pm.  Hope to see you there!

Details below:

Come and join me for an afternoon (or even just 10 minutes) in my quest to make 2868 paper boats!  It's for a new community art installation in response to recent statistics of refugees trying to flee Syria - 2868 is the number that have died or gone missing trying to cross the Mediterranean Sea so far in 2016 (http://data.unhcr.org/mediterranean/regional.php).

The boats will go on display as part of Fio's Summer Production, a new devised show which explores the themes of immigration and belonging.  

It's something I definitely can't do on my own, and inclusion is in the spirit of the project itself - let's spread the word!  You don't have to come for the whole workshop, even if you can just spare 20 minutes on Sunday afternoon it all really helps; though you can stay for longer if you wish and make use of the bar next door, hoorah!

This is a free art undertaking; no-one involved is taking a fee for it and the venues I am hosting workshops at are very kindly giving me the space for free.  It's all about communicating to people that this very real problem still exists.  Your participation would be greatly appreciated, but if you do feel you would like to donate to the cause, I would recommend one of the following sites:

Thanks and hope to see you on Sunday!

Comment by Simon Coates on June 28, 2016 at 10:22

CALL OUT FOR CREATIVE COLLABORATIONS BETWEEN UK AND SOUTH AFRICA

British Council South Africa have launched an open call for applications for artists/digital creatives to be a part of the CONNECT/ ZA programme.

More info here::

http://www.britishcouncil.org.za/programmes/arts/connect-za/project...

DEADLINE: 18 Jul 16

Members (646)

© 2017   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service