National Theatre Connections 2014

Information

Ten new plays for young people to perform.

Applications are now open.  To apply click here

Connections offers you a unique opportunity to produce one of ten plays especially written for young performers by leading playwrights and support to transfer to a leading regional theatre.

This year the plays are angelic, dangerous, furtive, hilarious, historical, provocative, revolutionary, surprising, transforming and tuneful.

Announced writers are: Pauline McLynn, Dafydd James, Catherine Johnson, Sabrina Mahfouz, Luke Norris, Matt Hartley and Sam Holcroft

Watch Dafydd James talk about his play 'Heritage' here

Connections 2014 will allow you to nurture aspiring youth talent as well as inspire and entertain audiences with new plays, for and about young people that are current, challenging and relevant.

Connections also provides a wide variety of learning opportunities for the young people involved. They will have opportunities not only to perform, but also to be involved in the whole theatre-making process. Last year young people took on a variety of backstage roles – operating the lights and sound and undertaking stage management responsibilities.

Applications close on 11th July 2013

Any queries or questions please email us at connections@nationaltheatre.org.uk

National Theatre Connections is supported by a number of individuals, trusts and foundations.

Website: http://microsites.nationaltheatre.org.uk/connections
Location: Connections is open to anyone from the UK and Ireland
Members: 31
Latest Activity: Aug 25, 2014

Discussion Forum

Blog Post by Welsh Connections 2014 writer Dafydd James

So, one of the reasons I agreed to do National Theatre Connections is that I'm not young anymore. I've got grey hair, or at least, flecked: a definite badger quality to my mane.  And I find myself…Continue

Started by NT Connections Jun 17, 2013.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Connections 2014 to add comments!

Comment by Hugrún Jensen on June 17, 2013 at 2:45

Yes, thank you :)

Comment by NT Connections on June 17, 2013 at 2:08

Hi,

Unfortunately you can not apply as an individual. You need to apply as part of a company  - this must be a company that works with young people aged between 13-19 as this is the age criteria to take part in Connections. You can form a company yourself and apply, or apply with an already formed youth theatre or school.

I hope this helps.

Comment by Hugrún Jensen on June 14, 2013 at 5:43

Hi, is this only for fully formed companies, or can individuals apply?

Comment by Morena Hummel on June 14, 2013 at 2:08
Hi, my name is Morena Hummel, I'm a German actress and I would love to apply for the National Theatre Connections 2014.
Please have a look on my Spotlight link:
http://www.spotlight.com/2538-1204-4689
Please send my an email to:
morena.hummel@web.de
It would be nice to hear from you.
Morena x

Members (29)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service