Information

Producers

An official National Theatre Wales group

A group for Producers at every scale and all those who deliver theatre projects to share ideas, experience and best practice. 

Members: 170
Latest Activity: Mar 10, 2022

Discussion Forum

Intergalactic producer required

The Intergalactic Caravan is an older persons clowning project, funded by The Newbury Corn Exchange Theatre, 101 Outdoor Arts Creation Space and the Arts Council, England.Working with a group of over…Continue

Started by Kristoffer Huball Aug 17, 2017.

Producer WANTED! Winner of two prizes: a musical project"Red Dragon and Soil Traveller" from Japan

Hello! I am Yasuro Ito in Tokyo,Japan. I am a theatre director and writer of…Continue

Tags: international, japan, musical, reddragon, producer

Started by Yasuro Ito Oct 26, 2016.

WNO Ticket offer for young people

Hi friends! For the past few months I've been working with WNO on an innovative modern opera all about student activism. This is the biggest project I've ever worked on, and I highly recommend…Continue

Tags: ticket offer, young people, Opera

Started by Emrys Barnes Jul 12, 2016.

Space 101

For anyone interested in large scale outdoor theatre... Space 101 opened last night following an amazing Devoted and Disgruntled from Improbable on the state of outdoor arts. 101 is a 10,000 sq ft…Continue

Started by Kristoffer Huball Oct 24, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Producers to add comments!

Comment by Jane Fox on March 26, 2016 at 6:40

Please consider supporting our experimental opera NATASHA - A TRIPTYCH - STUDIES IN EXPERIMENTAL OPERA on http://startsomegood.com/Natasha. The campaign is open for pledges until April 14th. Thank you for your time

Comment by Simon Coates on January 27, 2016 at 5:15

Interested in working in Japan or Korea?

Have a look at this >>

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/lets-talk-...

Comment by Bethan Morgan on January 17, 2016 at 11:33

I am looking to meet producers that may be interested in working with Mercury Theatre Wales on future projects and am particularly interested to hear from people who enjoy being part of the creative process, with experience of budgeting, tour booking, evaluating and monitoring.

You can learn more about the Company and it's work on www.mercurytheatrewales.co.uk

as well as the NTW Community and Facebook pages.

Please reply to info@mercurytheatrewales.co.uk by Monday 25th January 2016.

Comment by Laura H Drane on December 4, 2015 at 0:28

More details on Producers Place - please book to join us and share.  Join us in Cardiff on 15 Dec for "The mission, the model, the money and us"

Comment by Laura H Drane on December 2, 2015 at 23:28

Producers Place have a new event upcoming on 15 Dec - join us? More info here: http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/the-missio...

Comment by Emrys Barnes on December 2, 2015 at 11:09

New company Fucktons of Fairies are putting on our first play! Mark Ravenhill's Shoot/ Get Treasure/ Repeat is a punchy dark comedy, challenging the 'War on Terror', and we'll be raising money for the refugee crisis. Details below, hope you can make it!

Comment by Simon Coates on November 9, 2015 at 2:02

PRODUCERS MENTORING

We are setting up some mentoring opportunities between producers.

Have a look at my blog post for details.

Deadline for applications is 23 Nov.

Comment by Simon Harris on November 2, 2015 at 6:24

Theatres As Producers: What I Talk About When I Talk About Producing

Tuesday Nov 10th 1100-1530

Free, including lunch

The Producers Place network is back with an event in partnership with Aberystwyth Arts Centre.

It’s a friendly and informative day-long event for anyone who is interested in or connected to producing in the performing arts, such as independent producers, venue producers, artist producers, artists and companies

Theatres and Arts Centres are producing because there is a shortage of suitable touring product and of independent producers in their area. They want to support artists and see producing as a valuable contribution. Venues also see that it is beneficial to be involved in the creation of work for their audiences. But do venues have the right skills, experience or capacity? And how do they develop this sustainably for the future? How do we share skills and experience – making links between the independent sector and venues?

1100 hrs:              What I Talk About When I Talk About Producing: Forum Sessions

An opportunity to share, chat, moan, rant, discuss and problem solve together with experienced producers on hand from the Producers Place steering group. You can get great advice, ask basic questions or have wider discussions on subjects such as Artists and Producers, Venues and Producers and The Role of Scratch Nights, Festivals and Sharings. 

1215 hrs:              Lunch

1300 hrs:              What I Talk About When I Talk About Producing: Panel Session

A panel discussion looking at different examples of producing and why people do it. Looking at in-house producing within venues to independent production outside Cardiff, this will take account of the strengths and weaknesses of current models with contributions from:

• Sharon Casey – Theatre & Arts Service Manager at Caerphilly Borough Council
  • Gareth Lloyd Roberts – Director at Aberystwyth Arts Centre
  • Sandra Bendelow – An independent producer with Scriptography Productions
  • Kate Wasserberg – Artistic Director at The Other Room

1430 hrs:              What I Talk About When I Talk About Producing: Q&A Session

Mel Scaffold is Company Producer at Theatre Bristol which has played a significant role in the emergence of Bristol as an artistic centre, transforming the city and building its capacity to work with artists. Mel offers bespoke support to companies enabling them to grow and develop strategically balanced with hands-on project producing. As part of this support, Mel currently works with Action Hero to help them plan and manage their work around the world and spends two days a week as Development Facilitator for Gloucestershire Creates.

Producers’ Place is a network for producers in Wales. The network aims to strengthen links between people who self-identify as producers in the arts (whether they have that job title or not) to foster dialogue, share ideas and offer practical support to participants.

Contact Gill Ogden at ggo@aber.ac.uk  to book a free place or for further details.

Supported by the Arts Council of Wales

Comment by Louise Breckon - Richards on October 20, 2015 at 3:02

Hi producers! Any advice very welcome. We've just done two showings of an R and D project  down here in London supported by the Arts council called #Can you hear me running? a one woman show about how a woman from wales loses her voice but goes on to run a marathon and now looking at next stages. We'd love to bring it to Wales and wondering who might co produce as we're chasing welcome trust funding now and want to take it on short tour. Any ideas? Thanks

Comment by Simon Coates on October 8, 2015 at 2:41

PRODUCERS - Join us for our final Huddle. This time hosted by Volcano Theatre in Swansea.

We'll have two talks from independent producers in Wales (Mike Salmon and Ruth Lloyd) - who will be talking about their experience of Budgets & Financial reporting and Documentation and Evaluation.

If you can't join us in person, you can also catch us on line via our livestream.

Have a look at the website for more info.

Members (170)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service