Information

Producers

An official National Theatre Wales group

A group for Producers at every scale and all those who deliver theatre projects to share ideas, experience and best practice. 

Members: 170
Latest Activity: Mar 10, 2022

Discussion Forum

Intergalactic producer required

The Intergalactic Caravan is an older persons clowning project, funded by The Newbury Corn Exchange Theatre, 101 Outdoor Arts Creation Space and the Arts Council, England.Working with a group of over…Continue

Started by Kristoffer Huball Aug 17, 2017.

Producer WANTED! Winner of two prizes: a musical project"Red Dragon and Soil Traveller" from Japan

Hello! I am Yasuro Ito in Tokyo,Japan. I am a theatre director and writer of…Continue

Tags: international, japan, musical, reddragon, producer

Started by Yasuro Ito Oct 26, 2016.

WNO Ticket offer for young people

Hi friends! For the past few months I've been working with WNO on an innovative modern opera all about student activism. This is the biggest project I've ever worked on, and I highly recommend…Continue

Tags: ticket offer, young people, Opera

Started by Emrys Barnes Jul 12, 2016.

Space 101

For anyone interested in large scale outdoor theatre... Space 101 opened last night following an amazing Devoted and Disgruntled from Improbable on the state of outdoor arts. 101 is a 10,000 sq ft…Continue

Started by Kristoffer Huball Oct 24, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Producers to add comments!

Comment by Matt Ball on July 10, 2014 at 1:57

The Spill festival are on the hunt for five new producers:

Are you a producer or organiser at the beginning of your career interested in supporting artists making experimental performance, sound, film, video, installation, new media / digital practices or activist actions, and living in the UK or Ireland? This is your chance to be part of SPILL.

In a brand new initiative, SPILL is looking for 5 New Producers to attend the National Platform in Ipswich in 2014 and then, alongside a number of producer specific training and development opportunities, to support 10 artists/companies selected from the National Platform through a one year period of joint professional development towards the SPILL National Showcase in London in 2015.

For more info click here

Comment by Alison John on July 10, 2014 at 1:06

Interesting talk from ‪#‎playARK2013‬, Nick Tandavanijt from Blast Theory talks about using technology to create new forms of performance

#‎performance‬ ‪#‎technology‬ ‪#‎interactive‬ ‪#‎theatre‬ ‪#‎digital‬

www.playark.co.uk

Nick Tandavanijt from yellobrick on Vimeo.

Comment by Terry Victor on July 9, 2014 at 3:57

If you are a creative co-producer with an appetite to meet an untapped audience then you are invited to put the 18th September in your diary…

NoTIONAL THEATRE is spending much of this summer engaged in R&D. The ACW-funded B*NNED project explores how the narrative, genre and artistic devices of comic books and graphic novels can be used in theatrical storytelling. It is aimed at both the reading and theatre-going marketplaces.

Mid-to-late afternoon on the 18th September at Chapter Arts we will be sharing the work-in-progress. We are hoping to meet someone with an enthusiasm for the project who might become an active part of the continuing adventure...  We’ll publish more info nearer the time but it won’t hurt to put it in your diary now.

Comment by Ben Tinniswood on July 7, 2014 at 1:19

Hello Producers (Said in the voice of Ronnie Corbett),

I'm on a mission, can you help?

I'm seeking an experienced Producer, looking to work with medium scale, site specific, new writing project

We have the project on the go in no- budget form at the moment. "What's the Time, Mr.Wolf?" is a darkly comic on man play will be showing next week as part of the Cardiff Comedy Festival.

The plan is to develop the show further after next week. This includes getting it funded & turned into a more site specific, multimedia event.

The show is on Mon 14th, Tues 15th & Thurs 17th at Porter's in Cardiff. For more details, please check the event details on this NTW site - What's on in Wales section.

There's also a facebook page for the project:http://www.facebook.com/TimeMrWolf

If it sparks your interest, please do get in touch with your questions etc via bentinniswood@gmail.com

It's a great play & I've got exciting ambitions for it. All I need now is a Producer to work with me on putting those ideas into action!

Cheers,

Ben

Comment by James Robert Auheb on June 26, 2014 at 10:58

Hi Lovely Producers!

I'm here to give a shout out to a new group on the NTW community - Theatre Playgroup. Theatre Playgroup is a new project supported by TEAM and WMC.

It will take place over 6 weeks, beginning in September and will be an opportunity for Actors, Directors and Writers and.. well anyone else.. to read a published play, discuss, workshop and rehearse sections and then devise new work based on an element of the published work and share it at the WMC...

Interested? Want to find out more? 

Join the group..

Theatre Playgroup

Comment by Laura H Drane on June 26, 2014 at 1:48

Pandora's Locker, a youth opera mixing up science and identity

Today I launch the crowdfunding campaign which we hope will bring in the final few thousand pounds to this remarkable project, for which I am the creative producer. It mixes up science and opera to facilitate learning and understanding, allowing young people to influence and co-create a brand new production.

As the creative producer, already I've done the difficult and rewarding work of identifying three national partners, bringing in more than 80% of the funding, and securing almost all the resources I need. But without you, without your support, I cannot fully realise both the finances and plans made to date - and the fat lady cannot sing!

You can help in two ways:

1 - share this appeal for support through your networks (word of mouth, email, social media etc) using the link: http://bit.ly/pandorakickstarter

2 - and provide some financial support if you can, either just because you want to donate, or to choose to receive one of our really special rewards.

If you would like more information, I can send you something by email.

Many thanks/ diolch yn fawr!
Laura

Comment by James Robert Auheb on June 20, 2014 at 12:40

Hi Lovely producers,

Just a quick query, I'm looking for a small fringe venue in Cardiff for a performance in Sept/Oct this year... any suggestions?

Thanks!

Comment by Simon Harris on June 16, 2014 at 7:58

Hi Anna,

I think that might be a possibility in the future. We'd ;love to talk to you about that if we get the chance to continue next year. Our next and last event in 2014 is in October and will involve Fiona Baxter from Farnham Maltings.

Best wishes,

Simon (Lucid)

Comment by Anne Plenderleith on June 16, 2014 at 6:43

Hi Simon,

Would love to come.  Won't be able to make it, but it sounds stimulating.  Maybe we could have some of the meetings hosted by venues in the North?

Anne

Producer, Clwyd Theatr Cymru Theatre for Young People

Comment by Simon Harris on June 16, 2014 at 0:44

Producers’ Place #3 

If you are working in the arts and making things happen (whatever your job title), the Producers' Place network and its events will be of interest to you...

What are producers doing in relation to creating a sense of place through cultural activity? How is the producer working with artists where art, regeneration and the environment interact? How are producers sparking dialogue across communities and igniting new strategies for energising struggling urban areas where Mary Portas’ magic wand has failed to spark transformation?

The next Producers’ Place session will take place on Monday 30 June in Swansea at Volcano’s 229 High Street venue from 7pm-9pm

At this session, Producers’ Place will be hosting a discussion between Seth Honnor (http://kaleider.com/) and Paul Davies (http://www.volcanotheatre.co.uk/) where they will talk about how the multi-faceted role of the producer can shade into that of a cultural activist, future thinker and radical entrepreneur.

Seth describes himself as liking “to play a lot and make stuff” and as “being one, several or all of the following: an artist, designer, choreographer (not a real one), theatre maker, sportsman (#captseth), teacher, musician, facilitator, consultant, husband, dad.” He is the Artistic Director of Kaleider based in Exeter and Director of online performance network albow. He is an Honorary Fellow at University of Exeter and on the Steering Board for the AHRC funded REACT Hub which is a collaboration between Universities of Cardiff, Bristol, West of England, Bath, Exeter and Watershed. He was the founding Director of Theatre Bristol stepping down after 6 years in April 2010 to make work as an artist again.

Paul is a writer, performer, deviser and director who holds a doctorate in Politics and a black belt in karate. He is, with Fern Smith, one of the founder members of Volcano and is now its Artistic Director. He has performed in many Volcano shows, written three plays for the company and directed or devised a number of others. He has directed work in Montreal and Croatia and taught in various academies around the world.

Producers’ Place is a new network for producers in Wales. The network aims to strengthen links between people who self-identify as producers in the arts (whether they have that job title or not) – to foster dialogue, share ideas and offer practical support to participants.

This event has been made possible through support from Arts Council Wales.

This is a free but ticketed event. Please book here to attend:

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/producers-place-seth-honnor-and-paul...

Refreshments will be available at the event. We look forward to seeing you there.

Simon (Lucid)

Members (170)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service