Information

Technical

An official National Theatre Wales group

Technicians and Stage Managers or anybody interested in or working backstage.  

Members: 242
Latest Activity: Nov 23, 2021

Discussion Forum

Recruiting Stage Managers and Costume Supervisor

Started by Fiona Curtis Feb 6, 2018.

Recruiting Multi-skilled Technicians

Started by Fiona Curtis Feb 6, 2018.

PAID WORK: Designer required for outdoor theatre show.

Started by Kristoffer Huball Feb 23, 2017.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Technical to add comments!

Comment by David Evans on January 24, 2012 at 4:20

I understand that WMC have really benefitted by working with Cult Cymru, NTW are now in touch with them and we are are talking about arranging some properly targeted training.   All very interesting

Comment by Martin Roberts on January 24, 2012 at 3:24

Cult Cymru is a project funded through the Welsh Government's Union Learning Fund and is a BECTU led partnership working with Equity, the Musicians Union and the Writers Guild. The project supports those working in the creative industries with their learning requirements working with freelancers/casuals and staff. 
The project is asking for people who work in theatre and live events in Wales or are based in Wales to give them their thoughts on the training needs in their area. 
They are running a survey on their website www.cultcymru.org or you can post your comments here.
The project is also running the event below and is looking for any suggestions for short workshops that you would be interested in. The day is open to everyone, check the website for details.
CultCymru Fair @ University of Wales Newport – Saturday 3.3.12 

I look forward to reading your views. 

Comment by David Evans on January 20, 2012 at 1:53

Are you aware of the Stage Management Associations first ever conference?

http://www.stagemanagementassociation.co.uk/  

WELCOME: SMA Chair Rebecca Emery and SMA Executive Director Barbara Eifler
KEYNOTE: Vikki Heywood, Executive Director, Royal Shakespeare Company, and former stage manager
Panel discussion: Valuing Stage Management, chaired by Ken Bennett-Hunter
LUNCH: included in your ticket
AFTERNOON: will include musical entertainment and a drinks reception at the end as well as five break-out sessions for you to choose two from:
1: Creating a complex book
2: What Next? Life After Stage Management
3: Social Media and the Stage Manager
4: CVs and covering letters - the 'dos' and 'don'ts'
5: Panel debate: 'The Touring Code of Conduct - what does it mean for stage managers?'

It should be interesting and I will be on the Touring Code of Conduct Panel, so do come along and ask some difficult questions.

Comment by Kirsty Thomas on January 10, 2012 at 0:42

Hello all

Does anyone have a room available for Earthfall's technical manager in Cardiff? The room would be needed from the end of january until end of march, and again at the end of april?

For more info give me a call on 02920221314 or email office@earthfall.org.uk

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on January 10, 2012 at 0:21

Do you want to do a creative apprenticeship? Get further skills or have something to add to your CV? Bridgend College are offering one in technical or arts administration. Please phone Sharon James, Head of Department on 01656 302302 or contact me on here,

Comment by Iain Goosey on January 6, 2012 at 22:57

Waking Exploits are now recruiting for our next touring production. We are currently seeking to appoint a freelance Production Manager and Set and Costume Designer.

Find out more by clicking here

Deadline for applications: 27 January 2012

Comment by Jay Smith on December 27, 2011 at 13:46

Hey Guys,

I'd like to draw everyones attention to a unique performance project at Swansea Metropolitan University in January.

PROJECT SENSE - Is a multi disciplinary and multi sensory performance linking departments across the university to create a wonderfully creative and unique performance.

'Project Sense is a Welsh Government funded performance project that encourages students and recent graduates to be entrepreneurial and consider how their skills can be applied commercially.

Students and graduates from a wide variety of disciplines across the Met have joined forces to form a pan University theatre company. This extra curricular project is being run as a professional company with participants collaborating and making all the decisions. The Met has a strong background in supporting business start ups and all the students involved in the project are being offered advice to help them if they choose to start up their own business or become a self employed practitioner.

The project is supported by a series of workshops by professional companies and practitioners. The students and graduates are from a range of different subjects including Business, Marketing, Video, Music Technology, Animation, Photography, Technical Theatre and Performing Arts. It will be the first time that so many subjects have collaborated on a project.'

http://www.facebook.com/events/278106922232547/

www.smu.ac.uk/projectsense

Hopefully we shall see you there.

Comment by Daniel O'Gorman on December 20, 2011 at 3:51

My name is Daniel O'Gorman. I am a Director/Producer and Talent sho Judge in theatre, film and Concerts. In January 2012 I, along with a committee of others will be launching 'Cardiff's Got Talent', which will run intermittently from January through to July. The competiton is in partership with the PAL Appeal who raise money for cancer care. Due to my commitments elsewhere I will not be Directing this years competition, I will however be Judging the Final and Executive Producer. We are in need of the following crew fort he shows, all of which will be paid:

Director

Producer

S.M

D.S.M

A.S.M

Technical Manager

Technical Staff (x2)

Please drop me an email or text, information can be found on my profile.

Best,

Dan

Comment by Kirsty Thomas on November 25, 2011 at 5:29

EARTHFALL Dance Company are looking for a TECHNICAL MANAGER for its Spring season of At Swim Two Boys. Click here for more information:

http://www.theatre-wales.co.uk/adverts/adverts_details.asp?ad_ID=1046

To apply please send a CV with the subject line TECHNICAL MANAGER to earthfall@earthfall.org.uk

Comment by Sarah Jones on November 25, 2011 at 4:38

Mess Up The Mess Theatre Company are recruiting a Stage Manager for our professional tour of upcoming production 'Hidden' by Bethan Marlow. Rehearsals begin on Feb 20th and the tour will finish March 28th. To express an interest please send a CV and covering email to messupthemess@hotmail.co.uk

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service