Information

Technical

An Official National Theatre Wales Group

Technicians and Stage Managers or anybody interested in or working backstage.  

Members: 239
Latest Activity: Apr 5

Discussion Forum

PAID WORK: Designer required for outdoor theatre show.

Started by Kristoffer Huball Feb 24.

NTW in Rhyl

Started by Jacob Gough Oct 13, 2016.

Volunteer Opportunities

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Technical to add comments!

Comment by Gerald Mandy Tyler on June 23, 2015 at 13:43

Ho there technically proficient chums - I'm selling some stuff. A full list of tidy gear (I do look after my stuff with passionate anal retention) will appear on "the Ebay" at some time soon but the major player will be my Edirol V8 video mixer. I'm likely going to be asking for about £650 for it, it's original power supply and a nice little flight/brief case.

Like I say, there'll be other loot but this is probably the most exciting single item. So if this is something you crave, let me know. 

You know - just sayin'

Comment by David Evans on June 23, 2015 at 7:56

They look brilliant - I will certainly look them up

Comment by Jacqueline George on June 22, 2015 at 10:44

The fourth edition of our Paper Props Disc will be available at the ABTT on the Stage Management Association stand this week. hope you find them as interesting as we do. 

Comment by Catherine Paskell on May 11, 2015 at 20:29

Hello!

I'm looking to recruit a STAGE MANAGER for a production I'm directing, Brezhnev's Children by Olwen Wymark. It is a site-specific production happening in Hill House Hospital, an abandoned hospital in Swansea. The show is happening between 27th - 29th May. 

Responsibilities include:

- Being on book and cueing the show

- Helping to set up a simple, basic technical rig

- Supporting the rehearsal room

- Being a collaborator

- Technical experience is an advantage but not essential

Rehearsal week: 18th - 22nd May

Production week: 25th - 29th May

Shows: 27th - 29th May

Fee is £600 for flexible working hours during the rehearsal and production weeks

If you're interested and available for the dates above, get in touch with a message and please include your CV. You can email me at catherinepaskell @ gmail.com

Thank you!

Comment by James Robert Auheb on April 16, 2015 at 12:23
'Someone Who'll Watch Over Me' is on tonight at St. David's Hall. It's an amazing play with three very talented performers, first night tonight, only £5 because you are a member of NTW! Just turn up at the box office and quote NTWSOMEONE

Elaine Paton came to see the dress rehearsal, read her blog post here...
http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/you-won-t-...
Comment by Gwion Llwyd on February 16, 2015 at 22:21

Hi!

Pontio Bangor are looking for a full time Theatre Sound Technician.  Please forward to anyone who might be interested.

Details here

https://jobs.bangor.ac.uk/details.php.en?id=QLYFK026203F3VBQB7V68LO...

diolch

Gwion

Comment by Laura Fay Thomas on January 27, 2015 at 13:44

NTW TEAM are offering placements to provide training and skill development in

DESIGN,

TECHNICAL

& STAGE MANAGEMENT

on National Theatre Wales's next production in Merthyr Tydfil! Read my blog for more information and application details HERE

Comment by James Robert Auheb on December 20, 2014 at 18:44
Hello! We're looking for a fantastic technical theatre collaborator who would like to work on a fringe production of Frank McGuinness' 'Someone Who'll Watch Over Me' at St. Davids Hall on April 16th - 18th 2015.
It's a brilliant piece of theatre loosely based on the experiences of Brian Keenan and John McCarthy while held hostage in Beirut in the 1990's and is equally moving and hilarious!

The ideal person would be able to work closely with the director on lighting, sound, (possible media) projection and set for the production.

It is a profit share production.

If you'd like to find out more and to express an interest visit: http://www.humancompasstheatre.co.uk/work-with-us and scroll down to 'collaborators'

Or email: info@humancompasstheatre.co.uk
Comment by Kaite O'Reilly on December 18, 2014 at 13:09

Stage Management Position:

The Llanarth Group wishes to hire a Stage Manager for its forthcoming premiere of the co-created performanceplaying 'the maids'  for a two week run at Chapter Arts Centre Theatre in Cardiff (with a performance in Brecon) between 16-28 February, 2015. The Stage Manager should also be able to help with basic/simple technical direction. Two weeks pay at Equity minimum. Please contact Phillip Zarrilli, Artistic Director, The Llanarth Group a.s.a.p. to interview for the position (01545-580376 or 0755416932, mobile). 
Comment by Hannah McPake on November 13, 2014 at 16:20

Gagglebabble are looking for an experienced Stage Manager

Apparitions of Spirits - with the Forsythe sisters

A ghostly musical chiller from the makers of The Bloody Ballad.  

Be prepared for an evening of strange stories, ghostly visitations, musical communions and transgressions to the dark side.

Written by Lucy Rivers and Hannah McPake
Directed by Adele Thomas
Creative Associate Dafydd James
With original live music by Lucy Rivers and featuring special guest Dan Lambert aka Jonny Cage
Supported by The Arts Council of Wales, Theatr Iolo, Chapter Arts Centre, WMC and The Norwegian Church

Project Dates: 
Rehearsals: Monday19th Jan -Tues 3rd Feb

Performances: Wednesday 4th - Sat 14th Feb

Fee:
4x £430 per week (unfortunately we can't pay travel or subsistence so this would suit some one with a Cardiff base)

It is essential that the Stage Manager is experienced, able to drive a van and has experience using Qlab.

Please email Lucy and Hannah at gagglebabble@gmail.com

Further information about the company can be found on our website www.gagglebabble.co.uk

Deadline for applications 21st Nov.

© 2017   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service