Information

WalesLab

WalesLab is no longer receiving submission. This page is an archive and a place for dicussion on previous WaleSLab projects.

If you'd like to get in touch with someone about WalesLab, please contact Simon Coates, Creative Associate. 

For more info on the projects we've supported you can see the links on the right hand side. 

You can join the group to be kept up to date about projects as they continue to change and to see notifications of future opportunities.

Members: 472
Latest Activity: Dec 13, 2017

WalesLab information

WalesLab was NTW's initiative for supporting emerging artists and new ideas for performance. This is a group and discussion forum for those artists involved in WalesLab or those interested in learning more about the various projects under development.

WalesLab consisted of:

Summercamp:        

A summer camp for up to twenty theatre makers and artists of varied experience to share ideas, learn form each other and stimulate new collaborations and projects (watch the video below to find out more).

WalesLab projects -

Small groups working for around 1-2 weeks based somewhere in Wales.

Germinate:    Three times a year small groups of artists will be offered the opportunity to spend around two weeks somewhere in Wales developing an idea or project which they have already begun working on, and will share their work with a local audience. There will be three Germinate projects a year, one of which will have an international element.

WalesLab is no longer open for new submissions. Have a look at the 'Your Work' page on the NTW website to find out about how to share your ideas with the company.

Discussion Forum

"Red Dragon and Soil Traveller" got two prizes in Japan!! AND, WANTED!!

Hello! I am Yasuro Ito in Tokyo,Japan. I am a theatre director and writer of…Continue

Tags: producer, wanted, international, musical, japan

Started by Yasuro Ito Oct 26, 2016.

Company Workshop with Award Winning Familia de la Noche Theatre

Award Winning Company Familia de la Noche are running a company workshop at Chapter Arts Centre on Tuesday 24th November, running alongside performances their 5* show The Greatest Liar in all the…Continue

Tags: cardiff, chapter, physical, clowning, workshop

Started by Becca Cox Oct 27, 2015.

Volunteer Opportunities

Volunteer OpportunitiesThis autumn The Abacus on Wood Street welcomes:The Cardiff Christmas Bazaar!In conjunction with Somewhereto_, ProMoCymru, The Modern Alchemists and National Youth Theatre…Continue

Tags: freebies, experience, cardiff, support, creative

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

ONiiiT is back!Back by popular demand, after a successful set of workshops,…Continue

Tags: skills, cardiff, fun, workshop, fundraising

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of WalesLab to add comments!

Comment by Matt Ball on June 23, 2013 at 21:49

Laura & Jess dance on the beach & in the water:

Comment by Matt Ball on June 23, 2013 at 21:45

Anne explains why she's on a beach with a space hopper:

Comment by Matt Ball on June 18, 2013 at 21:45

We're coming to the end of our time in Anglesey with the summercamp. Over the next couple of days you should see a few more short videos about our time here and some of our thoughts on the work we've all made. Today & tomorrow we'll be sharing where we've got to, and thinking about where to go next.

Comment by Matt Ball on June 18, 2013 at 21:04

a visit to the copper mine:

Comment by Katherine Jewkes on June 18, 2013 at 2:03

Hello,

I wrote a blog about the sound map I made with Tom and Chris at the DIY Festival this weekend, you can read it here!

Thanks to Matt, Simon and Laura for organising such a great weekend! Kx

Katherine

Comment by Matt Ball on June 17, 2013 at 21:53

A short video where clare tells us what she's been up to at summercamp:

Comment by Alan Humphreys on June 16, 2013 at 12:47

I'm not a regular blogger so please bear with me...

I'm part of the NTW Summercamp here on beautiful Anglesey and have also taken part in the DIY Festival this weekend, and just wanted to share some thoughts and work.  The summer camp so far has been reallly interesting, particularly regarding the idea of process - I don't think I really got the knack of the camp until Thursday, if you can indeed get the knack of it.  I started with an idea that I brought to the island, and although I still want to progress with it, it doesn't seem right to pursue it here, as it feels like a solo writing project and a waste of the people and (sometimes natural) rescources around me.  But I have been inspired by a completely different idea with a completely different direction - so, so far so good.

However, coming into the DIY Festival I really had no idea what I would be doing for the weekend - what did I have to share?  Should I play safe and use work I already had, or try something completely different?  I plumped for the latter and have had a brilliant weekend, and I wanted to share with you the fruits of it - it's a video, of which its type I have never made before, and it's below.

I'm very much a planner, so to take the risk and go off in a random direction this weekend has been very rewarding, and now has made me look at the next week here in a new perspective: I still want to work on the projects I already have in fruition, but I'm keen to not only explore the work I created this weekend, but perhaps even set myself the challenge of creating something completely different and new each day.  I haven't decided yet.  But I guess that's the beauty of it - being here gives me the freedom to work in whatever way I want, and be inspired to try new approaches.

So, anyway, after all that very worthy comment, plese enjoy this extremely rough edit of what I've been up to at the DIY Festival, and decide for yourself if you think it was worth it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SloE_X9u2V4&feature=youtu.be

Comment by Matt Ball on June 15, 2013 at 12:53

Kelly tells us what she's been up to:

Comment by Matt Ball on June 15, 2013 at 12:13

You can read about Sarah Leigh's first week at Pollinate in her blog.

Comment by Matt Ball on June 13, 2013 at 20:49

Anne tells us why she's making a dress at summercamp

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service