Information

WalesLab

WalesLab is no longer receiving submission. This page is an archive and a place for dicussion on previous WaleSLab projects.

If you'd like to get in touch with someone about WalesLab, please contact Simon Coates, Creative Associate. 

For more info on the projects we've supported you can see the links on the right hand side. 

You can join the group to be kept up to date about projects as they continue to change and to see notifications of future opportunities.

Members: 472
Latest Activity: Dec 13, 2017

WalesLab information

WalesLab was NTW's initiative for supporting emerging artists and new ideas for performance. This is a group and discussion forum for those artists involved in WalesLab or those interested in learning more about the various projects under development.

WalesLab consisted of:

Summercamp:        

A summer camp for up to twenty theatre makers and artists of varied experience to share ideas, learn form each other and stimulate new collaborations and projects (watch the video below to find out more).

WalesLab projects -

Small groups working for around 1-2 weeks based somewhere in Wales.

Germinate:    Three times a year small groups of artists will be offered the opportunity to spend around two weeks somewhere in Wales developing an idea or project which they have already begun working on, and will share their work with a local audience. There will be three Germinate projects a year, one of which will have an international element.

WalesLab is no longer open for new submissions. Have a look at the 'Your Work' page on the NTW website to find out about how to share your ideas with the company.

Discussion Forum

"Red Dragon and Soil Traveller" got two prizes in Japan!! AND, WANTED!!

Hello! I am Yasuro Ito in Tokyo,Japan. I am a theatre director and writer of…Continue

Tags: producer, wanted, international, musical, japan

Started by Yasuro Ito Oct 26, 2016.

Company Workshop with Award Winning Familia de la Noche Theatre

Award Winning Company Familia de la Noche are running a company workshop at Chapter Arts Centre on Tuesday 24th November, running alongside performances their 5* show The Greatest Liar in all the…Continue

Tags: cardiff, chapter, physical, clowning, workshop

Started by Becca Cox Oct 27, 2015.

Volunteer Opportunities

Volunteer OpportunitiesThis autumn The Abacus on Wood Street welcomes:The Cardiff Christmas Bazaar!In conjunction with Somewhereto_, ProMoCymru, The Modern Alchemists and National Youth Theatre…Continue

Tags: freebies, experience, cardiff, support, creative

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

ONiiiT is back!Back by popular demand, after a successful set of workshops,…Continue

Tags: skills, cardiff, fun, workshop, fundraising

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of WalesLab to add comments!

Comment by Matt Ball on January 21, 2013 at 1:50

If you'd be interested in joining NTW as the Creative Associate to look after WalesLab, then please go to http://www.nationaltheatrewales.org/jobs where you'll find more details.

Comment by Matt Ball on January 16, 2013 at 2:53

Artangel have announced a new A £1 million initiative for new site-specific commissions across the UK, The Artangel Open.

We'll be hosting an event of 4th February for people to find out more. Read my blog for more details.

Comment by Matt Ball on December 13, 2012 at 3:37

A quick reminder that the deadline for applications for the WalesLab projects in and around Butetown is tomorrow at midday.

Comment by Matt Ball on December 11, 2012 at 5:06

You can read Tracy's blog about the time we spent in Rhossilli working on Lost. Found. Stolen here.

Comment by Matt Ball on November 30, 2012 at 1:56

Coreo Cymru in association with NTW are offering 3 x £6k development commissions  for more info see this blog

Comment by Catherine Paskell on November 29, 2012 at 2:36

DAY TWO:

Having spent the first 2 days of our WalesLab project meeting people in West Wales, asking them what objects have had a significant impact on their lives and who they are today, we were lucky enough to talk to Macky in Milford Haven and we have made this video in honour of him and his story.

Comment by Catherine Paskell on November 28, 2012 at 14:54

DAY ONE -

Ben and I are off to the Wild West of Wales for our WalesLab project! Find out more about the project and what we'll be up to over the next few days...

Comment by Catherine Paskell on November 23, 2012 at 3:00

Next week, Monday 26 - Friday 30 November, I'm going to be in West Wales exploring a WalesLab project. I was at home last night, doing WalesLab research and listening to BBC Radio 2, when Janice Long, my favourite radio DJ played the theme song to my WalesLab: Neil Young's Harvest Moon. True to her excellent form, when I naturally Tweeted this magical happening, she mentioned me and WalesLab! I recorded an audioboo of the event, because I love her. And watch this space next week for more of my WalesLab adventures! x 

Comment by Matt Ball on November 23, 2012 at 2:40

Tracy tells us what she's been up to on day 2:

Comment by Matt Ball on November 22, 2012 at 1:26

Tracy Harris is working on her new show Lost. Found. Stolen. find out what she got up to yesterday:

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service