Information

Wales in Edinburgh

Are you part a show going to the Edinburgh Fringe?  Do you know of a show with Welsh connections going there?  If so why not join this group and post necessary info.

Members: 37
Latest Activity: Feb 19, 2014

Discussion Forum

MASTERCLASSES

I am now offering exclusive masterclasses in actor training, performativity, vocal coaching, technical theatre, directing and tutoring/teaching theatre and drama. Alternatively if you have a specific…Continue

Started by Daniel O'Gorman Jan 31, 2012.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Wales in Edinburgh to add comments!

Comment by Buddug James Jones on August 24, 2011 at 23:07

I think I've found this forum a bit too late! I'm up here with 2 shows- 'Kitty Litter' which is on at theSpace at 6.15 and 'The Observatory' at Underbelly at 12.40. Come and see them! 

I'd also recommend everyone go and see -

-'The World holds everyone apart, apart from us' at Underbelly

-'Suitcase Royal' at Pleasance

-'Ovid's Metamorphoses' at Pleasance.(saw them last year and they were brilliant!)

-Cirk la Putika at Zoo Southside

And here's what I'm going to try and cram into the last couple of days here- 'Cry of a Mountain', 2401 Objects, Bain(anyone), Thirsty, Beowulf, One Thousand Paper Cranes, Into the Dust, When We Meet Again, The Wall, and last but not least The Dark Philosopher.  I'd better stop typing so I can start making a move on seeing these shows!

Comment by Matthew Bulgo on August 24, 2011 at 20:02
Non-Welsh highlights for me were:

The Tour Guide by James Graham
White Rabbit, Red Rabbit - Volcano (Canada)
Audience - Ontroerend Goed
Translunar Paradise - Theatre Ad Infinitum
I Hope My Heart Goes First - Junction 25

Still have 3 more shows that I've managed to cram in before my flight home, so I may add to that list!

M
Comment by Sarah Jane Leigh on August 24, 2011 at 9:21
Also saw 2401 Objects this afternoon and its drawing for me with The Table, Both amazing shows!
Comment by Sarah Jane Leigh on August 24, 2011 at 4:23
The Table has been mine so far but, I'm here untl monday. Gutted the The Animals and Children Took to the Streets is sold out!!
Comment by Catrin Rogers on August 24, 2011 at 3:47
That'll be the IrnBru.
Comment by National Theatre Wales on August 24, 2011 at 3:17
star laded!!  i meant star-laden, or maybe star-ladled??
Comment by National Theatre Wales on August 24, 2011 at 3:11
Great to see so many Welsh Theatre Makers in the Traverse bar yesterday - and to hear such great news of star-laded reviews, weeping or guffawing audiences and inspiring visits to each others' work.  I've certainly enjoyed all the Welsh work I've seen this year and when we were all together in the bar yesterday we certainly felt like a force to be reckoned with. it's also been great for us all to be seeing such a wide range of other work together.  It will give us some great shared reference points for the future.  I think my two non-Welsh highlights have been Hotel Medea and The Strange Undoing of Prudencia Hart.  What were yours?
Comment by Nia Wyn Skyrme on August 22, 2011 at 5:04
2x **** reviews from edfringereview.com
http://bit.ly/rnsibN

'An interesting and funny script unites with a pacey delivery to make for an exciting
afternoon’s viewing.'

Pop over to Urban Garden at C Main for a drink tonight from 8pm to see a taster of the play.
Comment by Terry Victor on August 21, 2011 at 7:48
Another 4 star review for Fragments of Ash:
http://www.festmag.co.uk/reviews/100730-fragments_ash

On at 2.30 all this week.
Comment by Nia Wyn Skyrme on August 21, 2011 at 5:46
Grab a bargain!Limited amount of Half Price Hut tickets for tomorrow's show of Richard Parker at Csoco at 1.15.

Members (36)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service