Information

Word4Word

A platform for creative words of any kind to be shared and enjoyed. From spoken word to lyrics to fiction to monologues to mini-devised theatre. We want your interpretation...

Supported by NTW TEAM

Members: 187
Latest Activity: Oct 13, 2016

Discussion Forum

Word4Word Event 23 January at 7.30pm Clwb Y Bont Pontypridd 2 Replies

Where is this advertised?  Not long to go!!!Continue

Started by Louise Rees. Last reply by Louise Rees Jan 10, 2013.

Word4Word Event Takeover: 15th September 5 Replies

Hi everyone! We are so excited about the amount of interest in Word4Word! Organisation is now being taken over by National Theatre Wales’ TEAM programme and me and Anna Poole will be taking over the…Continue

Started by Natalie Stone. Last reply by Natalie Stone Sep 6, 2011.

Word4Word Cancellation 3 Replies

A group can't flourish can it if cancelled at last moment -Thurs. 11/08 - no notice given?This doesn't say much for the organisation behind it or confidence in the arrangements in my opinion.GBContinue

Started by Gillian Brightmore. Last reply by abdul shayek Aug 14, 2011.

Word4Word is back! 5 Replies

15 artists. 5 minutes each. £2 entry.After the successful first event last month, Word4Word is an open mic event for any spoken word performer or writer to come and…Continue

Started by Mark Blayney. Last reply by Gillian Brightmore Aug 13, 2011.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Word4Word to add comments!

Comment by Frank Thomas on March 11, 2014 at 4:12

Hi Everyone,

Word4Word is happening on the 24th!!!!!!!

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/events/word4word-cardiff

Comment by Anna Poole on January 21, 2014 at 2:01

On Tuesday 11th February Birmingham's Poet Laureate 2012/13, Stephen Morrison-Burke will be holding a Performance Poetry and Spoken Word Workshop 6pm-8pm for TEAM members.

Stephen is a really exciting Spoken Word Artist from Birmingham who came to headline Word4Word September last year.  He blew everyone away with his raw and vibrant performance and we are really looking forward to having him back. 

To find out more about Stephen visit his website www.morrison-burke.com/

The workshop is free to TEAM members.  It will be based in the centre of Cardiff and the venue is TBC.  

If you would like to participate in this please email annapoole@nationaltheatrewales.org.  Places are limited. 

Comment by Rachel-Helena Walsh on January 16, 2014 at 15:13
Comment by Nicole May on October 4, 2013 at 4:29

@ Terry Brilliant :)

Comment by terry chinn on October 2, 2013 at 1:55

Hi Nicole,see you there!

Comment by Nicole May on October 2, 2013 at 1:45

Hi my name is Nicole,

I am a poet and performer from Manchester.  I am currently doing my placement with NTW. I will be performing at Word4Word on the 8th in Treorchy, it would be great to see some of you guys there :)

Comment by Gavin Porter on September 16, 2013 at 2:09

NATIONAL THEATRE WALES and PeerGrouP

ARTIST DEVELOPMENT RESIDENCY 

National Theatre Wales are partnering with one of The Netherlands' leading theatre companies working in site-specific theatre: PeerGrouP. Together we will be offering a 5-day artist development residency looking at the approach, in-depth methodologies and ethos of this forward-thinking company. Artists will have the opportunity to immerse themselves in PeerGrouP’s unique practice and find ways to apply it to their own work.

PeerGrouP say:
"Instead of focusing on what to make in situ, we focus on how to make in situ. How does an artist develop a creative/artistic process, which really connects to and is specific for the site where you're working? These workshops are a way to learn to look at a location with new eyes, but also at your own way of creating work." 

We are looking for 8 artists from Wales, working in any discipline with a performance element to their practice, to join PeerGrouP in Powys between 13th and 16th November. Your travel to and from the residency will be provided as well as accommodation for the duration. 

To apply please send an expression of interest (text or video link) outlining:

• Who you are
  • What you do
  • Why you would like to be involved
  • Links to where we can find your work online

Email Gavin Porter by 12 noon on 27 September.

Comment by Frank Thomas on August 28, 2013 at 10:27

Hello Everyone

There is going to be a Word4Word night on the 10th at Porters, should be a cracking night got one of my favourite poets down to headline!
If anyone wants a slot for the evening just let me know.

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/events/ntwteam-word4word

Comment by Charlie Hammond on August 17, 2013 at 10:11

Wondered if anyone had seen this brief on Ideastap

http://www.ideastap.com/Opportunities/Brief/5c100e98-ebce-4d6a-808d...

Comment by Will Ford on June 15, 2013 at 0:55

Word4Worders, if you would like to take part in an open mic event in Cardiff try:

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/events/back-of-the-pub-po...

Members (184)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service