Information

Word4Word

A platform for creative words of any kind to be shared and enjoyed. From spoken word to lyrics to fiction to monologues to mini-devised theatre. We want your interpretation...

Supported by NTW TEAM

Members: 187
Latest Activity: Oct 13, 2016

Discussion Forum

Word4Word Event 23 January at 7.30pm Clwb Y Bont Pontypridd 2 Replies

Where is this advertised?  Not long to go!!!Continue

Started by Louise Rees. Last reply by Louise Rees Jan 10, 2013.

Word4Word Event Takeover: 15th September 5 Replies

Hi everyone! We are so excited about the amount of interest in Word4Word! Organisation is now being taken over by National Theatre Wales’ TEAM programme and me and Anna Poole will be taking over the…Continue

Started by Natalie Stone. Last reply by Natalie Stone Sep 6, 2011.

Word4Word Cancellation 3 Replies

A group can't flourish can it if cancelled at last moment -Thurs. 11/08 - no notice given?This doesn't say much for the organisation behind it or confidence in the arrangements in my opinion.GBContinue

Started by Gillian Brightmore. Last reply by abdul shayek Aug 14, 2011.

Word4Word is back! 5 Replies

15 artists. 5 minutes each. £2 entry.After the successful first event last month, Word4Word is an open mic event for any spoken word performer or writer to come and…Continue

Started by Mark Blayney. Last reply by Gillian Brightmore Aug 13, 2011.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Word4Word to add comments!

Comment by Anna Poole on August 16, 2012 at 2:48

Hi all,

Word4Word is back on the 28th August at GwdiHw. The theme is Flames!

To find out more follow this link to the event. 

I hope to see all of your lovely faces there. 

XX

Comment by Will Ford on July 12, 2012 at 9:27

To anyone who might fancy it: Pecha Kucha Night, Chapter, tues July 17th, starts at 6.30. Free tickets (ring Chapter to book). A number of speakers/tellers of tales/makers of mirth get just over six minutes to speak about images projected onto the cinema screen behind them. I promise to be doing my best to amuse you, others will wish to move, inspire, intrigue and delight. Free tickets, a variety of things to see. Come one, come all!

Comment by Anna Poole on June 21, 2012 at 6:19

So it is time to get those thinking caps on again and let me know if you want a slot for the next word4word on July 5th, below is a link to the event.

Please note that the e-mail has changed and to reserve a slot please e-mail teamword4word@gmail.com

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/events/word4word-ntw-team

I hope to see you all there :)

Comment by Merel Prescott on May 29, 2012 at 2:22

Good luck Frank, Steve, Will and Mab! Not that you need it, you talented bunch!!

Comment by Leanne Rahman on May 28, 2012 at 18:41

Hi Everyone

We're running a workshop in Butetown tomorrow and have a few more spaces free so if you're interested please let me know and I can put your name down. Details below:

Unlocking the Secrets Behind Residencies & Grants led by Ivy Alvarez on Wednesday 30th May 10am – 3pm at The Culture and Media Centre @Loudoun Square, Plas Iona, Butetown, Cardiff, CF10 5HW

Course outline:
Residencies and grants are highly sought-after by artists and creatives, since it enables themto take time out to focus on their art. This workshop helps you to:
  • Get over the fear of the application form
  • Write a memorable project description
  • Line up your referees and write an effective CV
  • Select work for your writing sample
  • Sustain your momentum by planning ahead
With kind regards
Leanne
Comment by Will Ford on May 17, 2012 at 11:18

Regular Word4Worders representing Wales at the National Team Poetry Slam in Bristol, June 28th: Frank Thomas, Steven Kenward and er, me...wish us, and our esteemed coach for the event, Mab Jones luck?

http://www.nationalteampoetryslam.co.uk/Events.html

Comment by john norton on May 17, 2012 at 10:57

http://http://soundcloud.com/lyricl/i-like-you-sampler-lyricl-ft

check this spoken word artist  live this Saturday at Gwdihw

hope to see you there!

Comment by Brent Morgan on May 1, 2012 at 12:29

I'm excited about 'Little Dogs' so much so I am going to spend a day in rehearsals, then hold a scratch that itch inspired by the themes of 'Little Dogs' and then have a party to celebrate it being one week until opening night. Sound like fun? Come join me at Monkey Bar Swansea 5 min walk from the train station it all kicks off at 7.15pm. If that's not for you we are holding a open mic session in Mozarts Swansea and would love to see some Cardiff people come up and join us for a friendly non competitive evening kicking off at 8pm Thursday 3rd May. Come and  experience the Extra Crunchy.

Comment by Brent Morgan on April 26, 2012 at 0:22

Scratch That Itch Swansea May 2nd upstairs in Monkey if you want a slot email letmescratchthatitch@gmail.com. We are kicking off at 7.15 and finishing at 9.30.

Comment by Merel Prescott on April 20, 2012 at 2:19

Hi All!  Just a reminder about the 'Power to the People' poetry/spoken word event organised by Emily which is taking place tomorrow (Saturday 21st April) in John Frost Square, Newport.  This will be running from 10am to 6pm.  Just show up and perform - time slots are not being allocated in advance because there will be plenty of time for everyone to perform throughout the day.  Self-censorship applies because there will be children in the square.  Free veggie buffet and soft drinks for performers upstairs in the old vegetable shop on the corner.  Please come along and support/participate if you are able!!

Members (184)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service