Information

Word4Word

A platform for creative words of any kind to be shared and enjoyed. From spoken word to lyrics to fiction to monologues to mini-devised theatre. We want your interpretation...

Supported by NTW TEAM

Members: 187
Latest Activity: Oct 13, 2016

Discussion Forum

Word4Word Event 23 January at 7.30pm Clwb Y Bont Pontypridd 2 Replies

Where is this advertised?  Not long to go!!!Continue

Started by Louise Rees. Last reply by Louise Rees Jan 10, 2013.

Word4Word Event Takeover: 15th September 5 Replies

Hi everyone! We are so excited about the amount of interest in Word4Word! Organisation is now being taken over by National Theatre Wales’ TEAM programme and me and Anna Poole will be taking over the…Continue

Started by Natalie Stone. Last reply by Natalie Stone Sep 6, 2011.

Word4Word Cancellation 3 Replies

A group can't flourish can it if cancelled at last moment -Thurs. 11/08 - no notice given?This doesn't say much for the organisation behind it or confidence in the arrangements in my opinion.GBContinue

Started by Gillian Brightmore. Last reply by abdul shayek Aug 14, 2011.

Word4Word is back! 5 Replies

15 artists. 5 minutes each. £2 entry.After the successful first event last month, Word4Word is an open mic event for any spoken word performer or writer to come and…Continue

Started by Mark Blayney. Last reply by Gillian Brightmore Aug 13, 2011.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Word4Word to add comments!

Comment by Anna Poole on April 19, 2012 at 1:58

Hiya Susie and Jill,

I am really sorry I hadn't realised word4word over lapped with Pecha Kucha- female voices when I booked it. Total mistake on my part. I am sorry to those who would have wanted to come to both!! I hope to see you in future events and will double check before booking any more.

X

Comment by Jill Berrett on April 2, 2012 at 6:14

Hi Anna Louise

I wanted to re-iterate the previous comment. Word4Word does overlap on that night with Pecha Kucha-female voices, at Chapter. I'm sure quite a few people  would normally have liked to have gone to both these events 

Comment by Susie Wild on April 2, 2012 at 4:02

Ah that is a shame, it clashes with Pecha Kucha: http://www.chapter.org/26325.html 

Comment by Anna Poole on April 1, 2012 at 3:59

Hi everyone!

Word4word hits Cardiff again on April 24th at GwdiHw so if you want a slot just e-mail...

word4word@nationaltheatrewales.org

To find out the theme and more go to the event page and hit attending!

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/events/word4word-ntw-team...

XX

Comment by Helia Phoenix on March 10, 2012 at 8:55

Hello! I came along to film the 3 March event for the We Are Cardiff documentary, but sadly the sound quality we got was a bit rubbish so I don't think we'll be featuring that event in the film - HOWEVER we got some great pics from the event on 3 March 2012 - all photos taken by Simon Ayre, you can view them on Facebook here.

Please join the We Are Cardiff facebook group and feel free to tag people in the pictures too!

Comment by Emily Prescott on March 6, 2012 at 22:40

Hello everyone!!

I am organising a spoken word event called 'Power To The People!!' for 21st April (10am-6pm) where I'll be getting as many spoken word artists/poets as possible to perform through a megaphone in John Frost Square. Would love for you to get involved! Here is a link to the Facebook group:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/powertothepeoplesquare/

Comment by Merel Prescott on February 23, 2012 at 13:30

Had a great night last night at the Word4Word event at Tommy's Bar, thoroughly enjoyed it thanks!  Looking forward to the next one :-)

Comment by Guy O'Donnell on February 19, 2012 at 22:07

Time is running out to enter the 2012 Cardiff International Poetry Competition! The First Prize-winner will walk away with a cheque for £5,000 for just one poem. Further prizes available are £500 for second place, £250 for third plus five runners up will receive £50 each. The competition is accessible to all; it doesn’t matter if you are an established poet or just dabble with verse now and then. All entries to the competition will be judged anonymously, so this is a great opportunity to have your poetry judged on its own merits.

The hard task of judging the 2012 competition is down to poets Sinéad Morrissey, Patrick McGuinness and filter judge Samantha Wynne-Rhydderch. Click here to read more about the judges.

If you think you have what it takes to delight the judges and get your hands on the top prize of £5,000, then send us your poems now. Just make sure your poem is no longer than 50 lines long, is unpublished, in English and is not a translation of another author’s work. Send it, along with your entry form and payment, to Literature Wales.

The Cardiff International Poetry Competition is administered by Literature Wales with the financial support of Cardiff Council.

Closing Date: Friday 2 March 2012

To download an entry form, click here.

To receive an entry form through the post send a stamped, self addressed envelope to:
Literature Wales, CIPC12 Entry Form,
Mount Stuart House, Mount Stuart Square,
Cardiff, Wales, CF10 5FQ.

For further details contact Literature Wales:
029 2047 2266 / post@literaturewales.org

Comment by Devinda De Silva on February 8, 2012 at 7:39

Jack Pascoe - The People's Choice, Word4Word December 2011

Comment by Anna Poole on February 2, 2012 at 2:07

That would be great Carmen! If you could just e-mail me on

word4word@nationaltheatrewales.org

to register your interest that would be great! That's fine to have someone else to read and am looking forward to hear what you come up with.

Remember to keep March 2nd free in case you are one of the winners to perform at A Provincial Life.

Follow us on @teamword4word to keep up to date

Members (184)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service