Information

Writers

An official National Theatre Wales group

Writers who want to be part of National Theatre Wales, share ideas, get feedback from each other, and hear about opportunities

Members: 481
Latest Activity: Jan 30, 2023

Please Read Our Guidelines To Artists

Before sending in any scripts or idea submissions, it is very important that you read guidelines on our Your Work page

Discussion Forum

Looking for Welsh Playwrights for Scratch Night in London.

Started by CHIPPY LANE PRODUCTIONS LTD. Aug 7, 2016.

Collaborators Needed! 2 Replies

Started by Camille Naylor. Last reply by sean donovan Dec 1, 2015.

Looking for a writer to collaborate on an idea. 2 Replies

Started by Caley Powell. Last reply by Catrin Fflur Huws Mar 3, 2015.

NTW Dramaturgy Project - Beginnings

Started by Richard Hurford Oct 20, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Writers to add comments!

Comment by National Theatre Wales on September 16, 2009 at 6:49
Simon, sadly the date of your performance clashes with the date of our first Respond try out, but do let us know of future events.
Comment by Simon Howells on September 16, 2009 at 6:27
There is a live performance of my sitcom, "Crack", being performed at the Atrium on Friday 18th September at 5.45pm as part of the Sitcom Symposium day. Please come along.
Comment by Stephen Alan Whitehead on August 20, 2009 at 22:55
Hi Mathilde, I'd love to be at the sessions with Naomi Alderman on the 4th September if at all possible.
Comment by Derek Webb on August 3, 2009 at 4:31
Of course it would help if I typed the url correctly!!

It's www.pintsizedplays.org.uk
Comment by Derek Webb on August 3, 2009 at 4:30
Hi Sarah,

You might like to look at www.pintsisedplays.org.uk. We are putting on 5-10 minute plays in the bar areas of pubs - winners of a writing competition we run - some of which may well be suitable. I can share experiences/problems/benefits with you if you like.
Comment by Sarah-Jane Broderick on August 3, 2009 at 4:23
Hi there.

I'm looking for writers interested in a possible theatre project.
I am one half of JazzCakes, a relatively new art collective. At the moment we're looking to find empty spaces, shops, galleries etc to use to put on exhibitions and collections of new and interesting talent. We're looking into gathering a group of actors, set designers, writers etc to put on a piece of theatre, maybe with the possibility of touring through Cardiff using empty spaces.

Might sound a bit wooly at the moment, it's all quite new but if you have any questions or if you're interested please contact us!

jazzcakes@googlemail.com

Sarah-Jane
Comment by National Theatre Wales on June 21, 2009 at 8:20
Hi All, thanks for joining the Writers Group. We thought it might be a good idea to identify the writers on the network and have a way to talk to you all directly. We've tried to keep the set up quite simple - this comment box and an option to start discussion forums (I know that should be fora, but it just sounds daft...) Crucially, joiining this group also means that you are all identified to each other. With that in mind, you might want to think about your profiles. What might be useful to put on there? How can you use your profile to inform your fellow writers about your work? And you can also use your profile to let us know at NTW about your writing activity. We will see you in this writers' group, click through to your profile, and be enlightened! (For example if there's a particular form of theatre that you tend to focus on, or a way of working you are keen to try out, you can put that in the 'A Little About Me' section. You can also move that section to the top of your profile if you watn.)

We will be using this group to announce initiatives and opportunities too - both through this Comment Wall, and also bey using the option to message the whole group. You can use the group message function too - to let each other know about opportunities; or to send us all invites to sparkling first night parties for your latest masterpieces!! In the medium-term, we also want to explore the option of using this group to share writing and get feedback from each other; and also as a way for NTW to get to see your writing - avoiding the whole script submission process. We are still thinking through how to do that, so let us know your thoughts. Okay, enough for now. Looking forward to future chats. John

Members (481)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service