Information

Writers

An official National Theatre Wales group

Writers who want to be part of National Theatre Wales, share ideas, get feedback from each other, and hear about opportunities

Members: 481
Latest Activity: Jan 30, 2023

Please Read Our Guidelines To Artists

Before sending in any scripts or idea submissions, it is very important that you read guidelines on our Your Work page

Discussion Forum

Looking for Welsh Playwrights for Scratch Night in London.

Started by CHIPPY LANE PRODUCTIONS LTD. Aug 7, 2016.

Collaborators Needed! 2 Replies

Started by Camille Naylor. Last reply by sean donovan Dec 1, 2015.

Looking for a writer to collaborate on an idea. 2 Replies

Started by Caley Powell. Last reply by Catrin Fflur Huws Mar 3, 2015.

NTW Dramaturgy Project - Beginnings

Started by Richard Hurford Oct 20, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Writers to add comments!

Comment by Kelly Jones on September 12, 2012 at 8:19

Hello Everyone!!!

I have some very exciting news!!!! I am looking for writers or the nxt stories of the streetz and this one is going to be a good one!!

After receiving your areas writers will be required to write ten minute scripts which will be workshoped and directed then performed in a special site specific location!! Exciting huh? To get involved as a writer or performer email me on

storiesofthestreetz@gmail.com

Kelly xxx

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on September 10, 2012 at 3:59

Thanks Meredydd for that article - use of language is something I used to be very interested in and wrote in a poetic style but recently I have began writing very naturalistic which I think is because I have succumbed to the wants of the masses...  .

Next writers forum at Sherman Cymru is Monday Oct the 1st and will look at 'criticism' - receiving it, listening to it, acting upon it and helping you the writer move your work forward. Its hard to deal with criticism because sometimes we hear negatives when in actual fact it is helpful feedback and constructive. Also rejection - how do we pick ourselves up and move on from being told 'no'.

Our new ten week course starts next Tuesday evening at Bridgend Coll - a short ride from Cardiff and is free to unemployed etc...

Comment by meredydd barker on September 10, 2012 at 2:29
Comment by Tim Price on September 5, 2012 at 5:59
Comment by carmen medway-stephens on August 29, 2012 at 21:36

In the writers forum this Monday at Sherman Cymru we are looking at 'Shorts' - hope to see you there 

Comment by Lisa Parry on August 26, 2012 at 23:12

Yeah, that must be true actually. Really wish there was consistency within ACE and across all three arts councils. 

Comment by Tim Price on August 24, 2012 at 23:50

Hi Lisa, there is some discrepancy with ACE and Edinburgh. I think the 15% is their written policy, but some ACE officers turn a blind eye to quite a lot of funding applications. Also ACE must have funded Northern Stage's Edinburgh Venue.

Comment by Lisa Parry on August 24, 2012 at 1:38

ACE is the same re the 15 per cent. Had a nightmare with the Agent 160 applications because all three arts councils have this policy and was told by an ACE advisor once a 'benefit' of it being in place was that you couldn't apply to take work to Edinburgh. Not sure if this is deliberate/the same here, but there you go. I think it's with a view to the audience, but it's harsh on artists, especially given Edinburgh can lead to stuff which can then come back. Have been following the Northern Stage stuff over on twitter. Brilliant idea. 

Comment by Matthew Bulgo on August 24, 2012 at 1:16

I actually met with Dan for a pint (or two) on Wednesday after seeing his show and two other pieces at St. Stephen's and I was left feeling very envious. I found myself fantasising about a Welsh equivalent on my way back to my hotel. Wouldn't it be wonderful if...

I think it's also worth mentioning the season of plays that were taken up to Edinburgh by Old Vic New Voices - essentially 5 small production companies, supported and mentored by OVNV, a mini season of 5 new plays, providing opportunities for emerging producers, directors, writers, actors and other creatives to have their first hands-on experiences of the Edinburgh Fringe.

Comment by Matt Ball on August 24, 2012 at 0:49

A good question Tim, and one I raised about this time last year here.

So lets start another debate. I've opened a discussion here so add your voices and lets see where we can get.

Members (481)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service