Information

Writers

An official National Theatre Wales group

Writers who want to be part of National Theatre Wales, share ideas, get feedback from each other, and hear about opportunities

Members: 481
Latest Activity: Jan 30, 2023

Please Read Our Guidelines To Artists

Before sending in any scripts or idea submissions, it is very important that you read guidelines on our Your Work page

Discussion Forum

Looking for Welsh Playwrights for Scratch Night in London.

Started by CHIPPY LANE PRODUCTIONS LTD. Aug 7, 2016.

Collaborators Needed! 2 Replies

Started by Camille Naylor. Last reply by sean donovan Dec 1, 2015.

Looking for a writer to collaborate on an idea. 2 Replies

Started by Caley Powell. Last reply by Catrin Fflur Huws Mar 3, 2015.

NTW Dramaturgy Project - Beginnings

Started by Richard Hurford Oct 20, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Writers to add comments!

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on July 26, 2012 at 5:19

A couple of things for those interested:

Theatr 1.618 has been awarded a Arts Wales grant to tour South and West Wales. 'Utah Bride'  had its debut in December and is about a Welsh Girl who runs away with a Mormon. It will be directed by Louise Osborn and toured in November. Very exciting.

I will also be holding  a writers workshop next Tuesday July the 31st in Bridgend College £20-£25.

Monday the 6th of August Neil Bebber and myself will be holding the 5th Writers Forum at Sherman Cymru and are asking writers to bring 3 pages of work of an idea that they may be working on that may need a problem solved or are blocked on. All welcome - 7-9pm

I've just spent the last two days with Robin Soans - Verbatim writer and actor and will write up his little gems of tips for those who would like to hear them.

September the 17th will be starting another weekly writers session at Bridgend College and will be following exercises from Julia Cameron's The Artists Way as well as leading to a read through.

Message me on here if you'd like further information about workshops or readings of your scripts. All the best, Carmen Theatr 1.618

Comment by Gary Owen on July 24, 2012 at 1:00

The Scots can't stand being outdone...

The National Theatre of Scotland, in partnership with the University of Edinburgh, is delighted to announce the inauguration of one of the world's largest awards for drama.

The James Tait Black Prize for Drama

The award will offer £10,000 to the best and most original new play produced in English, Scots or Gaelic anywhere in the world. It will reward a voice in theatre that the judges feel makes a significant and unique contribution to the art form. The prize is open to playwrights from any country, and at any stage in their career.

The judges will be students and staff of the University of Edinburgh's School of Literatures, Languages and Culture and representatives from the National Theatre of Scotland. The National Theatre of Scotland will perform the winning play as a public reading during the August festivals in Edinburgh. The first winner of the annual award will be announced in August 2013.

To qualify a play must have been originally written in English (including all standard and non-standard varieties), Scots or Gaelic, been first produced in 2011 or 2012, and performed by a professional company. The two year period is to mark the award's inauguration; subsequent years will only consider plays produced in the previous year.

The new award is an extension of the James Tait Black Prizes for Fiction and Biography. Founded in 1919, the prizes are the UK's oldest literary awards and among the world's most prestigious. Past winners include DH Lawrence, Aldous Huxley and Ian McEwan. This is the first time the prizes have been extended to dramatic work.

Comment by Matt Ball on July 23, 2012 at 5:52

Likely Story are looking for a writer for a writer click the link for details.

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/likely-sto...

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on July 16, 2012 at 2:25

JOB OFFER: London SOHO Theatre...

London’s most vibrant venue for new writing, comedy and cabaret is recruiting a Personal Assistant to the Artistic and Executive Directors. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with significant office experience to make a major contribution to Soho Theatre by assisting the Directors with their day to day work, and to support them in realising their ambitious plans for the organisation.

Soho Theatre seeks a Personal Assistant to the Directors to provide administrative and organisational support to both the Artistic and Executive Director of Soho Theatre.

Bang in the creative heart of London, Soho Theatre is a major new writing theatre and a writers’ development organisation of national significance. With a programme spanning theatre, comedy, cabaret and writers’ events and home to a lively bar, Soho Theatre is one of the most vibrant venues on London’s cultural scene.

This is an exciting opportunity for someone with significant office experience to make a major contribution to Soho Theatre by assisting the Directors with their day to day work, and to support them in realising their ambitious plans for the organisation.

Soho Theatre welcomes applications from all sections of the community and will endeavour to meet all access needs.

For details on how to apply, please refer to the guidance notes on our website

Applications will be accepted by email sent to jobs@sohotheatre.com up until 12 noon on Monday 23 July

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on July 16, 2012 at 2:15
This is a lady whom I worked with who has been working out in Palestine etc...getting peoples stories heard
July 15, 2012

Dear friends,

Yesterday, I was detained at the airport in Bahrain, interrogated and deported. I will write about more about that experience for the blog at www.witnessbahrain.org, as well as many other posts to come about what I saw and heard during my three weeks in Bahrain.
Though being expelled provides a "dramatic story," this is not what will be among my strong memories of Bahrain.
The injured boy that I wrote about in my most recent blog post, the nurses that treated him, and so many others like them...that is who I will be remembering, thinking of, and praying for. They are the reasons I went to Bahrain, and theirs are the stories that must be told.

In solidarity,
Jen Marlowe
www.donkeysaddle.org

Follow me on twitter: @donkeysaddleorg
Facebook: donkeysaddle projects
Comment by carmen medway-stephens on July 10, 2012 at 4:12

Thanks Tony, I have decided to follow it as a short course with Julia's blessings and it may just help empower some writers out there.

Comment by Tony Brown on July 10, 2012 at 4:00

Julia Cameron's 'The Artist's Way' is basically a self-help book.

Comment by Tony Brown on July 9, 2012 at 21:07

The Artist's Way is an excellent way to develop insight into your working practice through thinking deeply into, for instance, the way we block our own creativity through self-doubt etc. One of the really fruitful aspects of the process is the Morning Pages, where you free-write a couple of pages every day. It might seem pointless but I was following it for about a year and found it very liberating; it allows you to access more deeply into a subconscious well of material and  connect ideas together. The Artist's Way may not be profitable for everyone, but if you're stuck it might well get you moving. Oh dear, that makes it sound like a laxative, but sometimes we all need something to get us out of our seats and running for the notebook.

Comment by Jaye L Swift on July 9, 2012 at 10:18

Carmen, add me to The Artists Way Course

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on July 9, 2012 at 9:12

Hi New, seasoned or blocked writers. Today I received excellent news Julia Cameron has given me permission to teach some of her techniques from The Artists Way. Will begin this short course in September. All interested please contact me on here. All the best, Carmen

Members (481)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service