Information

Writers

An official National Theatre Wales group

Writers who want to be part of National Theatre Wales, share ideas, get feedback from each other, and hear about opportunities

Members: 481
Latest Activity: Jan 30, 2023

Please Read Our Guidelines To Artists

Before sending in any scripts or idea submissions, it is very important that you read guidelines on our Your Work page

Discussion Forum

Looking for Welsh Playwrights for Scratch Night in London.

Started by CHIPPY LANE PRODUCTIONS LTD. Aug 7, 2016.

Collaborators Needed! 2 Replies

Started by Camille Naylor. Last reply by sean donovan Dec 1, 2015.

Looking for a writer to collaborate on an idea. 2 Replies

Started by Caley Powell. Last reply by Catrin Fflur Huws Mar 3, 2015.

NTW Dramaturgy Project - Beginnings

Started by Richard Hurford Oct 20, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Writers to add comments!

Comment by Beca Lewis Jones on September 27, 2011 at 21:01
This is great, so glad I've found this! I've been meaning to get my writing out for a while now but nerves and that self critic seem to get the better of me each time...but hopefully not the next:-) looking forward to getting more involved in this community. tata for now x 
Comment by Terry Victor on September 21, 2011 at 0:59
Is there any update from Jeton in Kosovo?
Comment by meredydd barker on September 20, 2011 at 20:27
@sherman - Gair ar Led - Brilliant initiative and great news.
Comment by alun howell on September 10, 2011 at 9:49
This sounds exciting - a break away to the past?
Comment by Matthew Bulgo on September 10, 2011 at 5:13

Thought this might be of interest. Look what these writers did/are doing:

http://13p.org/index.php?action=ezportal;sa=page;p=2

Already utilising Paines Plough's favourite phrase of the moment "force it into existence".

Comment by meredydd barker on August 30, 2011 at 2:11
Comment by meredydd barker on August 29, 2011 at 6:51
Comment by Kaite O'Reilly on August 28, 2011 at 1:03

Thanks, Terry. Jeton in Kosovo thanked us all for any action in writing emails to the addresses he sent (the minister of culture, etc). When I last heard from him a week ago, he said the international attention was having an impact - but it was also making him a target for criticism for taking this issue out of the country - public statements being made of him being 'anti-patriotic' and 'against Kosovo'. It sounded pretty intense, but he was consistent in his thanks for engagement (and I'm sure other new emails would be appreciated, if people, coming back from holidays or Edinburgh, come new to this - please scroll down re-threat to the political freedom of the National Theatre of Kosovo). I'll keep you informed about any new communication.

I'll email him and say it'll be brought up at ICAF - thank you, Terry.

Comment by Terry Victor on August 28, 2011 at 0:51

Hi All

There's a meeting of ICAF (Equity's International Committee for Artists' Freedom) on September 7th which I should be attending. Any further updates on Jenin or Kosovo would be welcomed.  

Comment by Peter Cox MBE on August 24, 2011 at 10:40

Hi all

Things just get worse for Jacob Gough and his colleagues in Jenin... see his most recent update copied below...

The Freedom Theatre Jenin again targeted by the Israeli Army

Israeli army target The Freedom Theatre again!

At approximately 02:00 in the morning of the 22nd August the Israeli army surrounded The Freedom Theatre and the Nagnaghiya family home.

Jacob Gough, the Acting General Manager at The Freedom Theatre left the office at about 01:45: "As I literally entered my home I got a call from neighbours of the theatre saying the army had surrounded the theatre.”

Jacob then returned to the theatre and as he drove into the courtyard was confronted by armed soldiers who forced him to turn around threatening violence if he didn’t, then whilst trying to gain entry a second time he was forced to strip at gunpoint before being detained and again threatened with violence if he so much as moved or spoke.

During this, the army were inside Mohammed Naghnaghiye, the security guard at the theatre and brother of Adnan Nagnaghiyas home, here they beat Mohammed before taking him away in handcuffs then proceeded to ransack all 3 floors of his family home.  As the army left the area they fired live ammunition in an attempt to disperse the crowds of youth that had gathered and were throwing rocks.

These events come after a court hearing that took place yesterday (21st August) in Jalame prison outside of Jenin. At the court hearing it was established that the three members of The Freedom Theatre that had been taken earlier had no connection to the murder of the theatre's late director Juliano Mer Khamis and must be released within the week.

“This proves that the Israeli army and security apparatus is either lost and causes completely unnecessary distress to The Freedom Theatre and its staff or that they have the actual intention of damaging the theatre” says Jonatan Stanzcak.

For more information contact:

Jacob Gough, Acting General Manager on 00972 (0) 595348391

Jonatan Stanzcak at jonatan@thefreedomtheatre.org

Follow us on Twitter - @freedom_theatre

Link to Current Press Release - http://www.thefreedomtheatre.org/news.php?id=201

Link to Pictures of Mohammeds home after being ransacked - http://www.box.net/shared/nd9c8suhkr03bha14jqt

Members (481)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service