Information

Access Forum

The Access Forum is, in it's physical form, a quarterly meeting for arts organisations, individuals, audience members, freelancers, creators, makers and everyone in between to get together and talk about access.

On this group, we'll be sharing what we discuss at those meetings, the ideas we have, and any thoughts you might have on access.

We're aiming to make everything we do more accessible to more people, and to share everything we do to help each other.

Members: 55
Latest Activity: Apr 28, 2023

Discussion Forum

Breaking Out of the Box 4: Wales - a Diverse Arts Scene?

https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/date/450671Hi Access ForumPlease come to Breaking Out of the Box 4: Wales - A…Continue

Tags: diverse, Wales, hynt, Taking, Flight

Started by Megan Merrett Feb 8, 2018.

Access Forum: Meeting Minutes and Ideas 5 Replies

Our first meeting was held on Wednesday 2 March, at Chapter Arts Centre, Cardiff, with our second at Sherman Theatre Cardiff.Please check back here next week for all the minutes and ideas raised in…Continue

Started by Rhian Richards. Last reply by Rhian Richards Oct 25, 2017.

Resources and Top Tips 1 Reply

Hi allOn this thread, I will start posting resources that have been found and made after each Access Forum.I'm currently working on the Marketing and Communications Resource, which will include…Continue

Tags: resources

Started by Rhian Richards. Last reply by National Theatre Wales May 31, 2017.

Any Ideas? 7 Replies

If you've got an idea, thought or something you'd like to discuss, please share it here...Continue

Started by Rhian Richards. Last reply by Rhian Richards Feb 6, 2017.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Access Forum to add comments!

Comment by Megan Merrett on June 29, 2016 at 5:21
Hi. Hynt has invited cardholders to an event tomorrow. If any of you can make it too, it would be great to see you there:
Thursday 30 June 2016

1:45pm – 2:15pm Elevator, Jessie Brett Dance Company (part of http://www.hijinx.org.uk/unity/),at the Glanfa (foyer space), Wales Millennium Centre

2:15pm – 4:00pm Tea, coffee, cake and chat about hynt at the Urdd, Wales Millennium Centre

What do you think of hynt? What shows have you seen with the card? Do you use the listings on our website? What could we do better?

Hynt is the national access scheme for theatres and arts centres in Wales. We work to give a consistent offer for visitors and their carers, companions or Personal Assistants.

Elevator is a 30-minute dance from Jessie Brett Dance Company, performed by an international cast of disabled and non-disabled dancers.

Please RSVP to: megan@creucymru.com so that we can make sure we have enough cake! Elevator is free, you won’t need a ticket. If you can’t make the show but would like to pop along for a chat you’re more than welcome.
Comment by Rhian Richards on June 15, 2016 at 21:19

Hi all

We're now confirmed for the next Access Forum!

Hope you can all join us on Thursday 7 July, 6-8pm at Sherman Theatre, Cardiff

More info here

Any questions, give me a shout
x

Comment by Marina Newth on June 9, 2016 at 20:10
Congratulations to NTW and Sherman for yesterday's Dementia Friendly performance, it was a lovely afternoon.

In that vein I am now a trained Dementia Champion so if any venues want to run Dementia Friendly sessions for their staff, I ma very happy to run sessions for them.
Comment by Sherman Theatre on March 18, 2016 at 3:15

It is certainly something we can feedback on in terms of success/failure outcomes. Thanks Rhian

Comment by Rhian Richards on March 18, 2016 at 3:13

Hi Sherman,

I'm pretty sure won't be in April - We agreed quarterly meetings were best so that's a bit early for us all.

However, if the app is being used then, we could talk about it in the next meeting? Technology and resources is one of the key themes, and there are a couple of people who could bring ideas/resources to the table, including Jacob at NTW and the team at UCAN.

Rhi
x

Comment by Sherman Theatre on March 18, 2016 at 3:10

Hi Rhian.  Do we know when the next one is going to be?  We have Jem and Ella coming up soon at the Sherman (8 & 9 April) and they have created Access: app for Deaf People / hard of hearing people and blind people / visually impaired people.  This might be an interesting event to discuss access needs around? 

Comment by Rhian Richards on March 18, 2016 at 3:06

Just above this box you'll the DISCUSSION FORUM, click on ACCESS FORUM: MEETING MINUTES AND IDEAS, and they're in that thread

Comment by Rhian Richards on March 18, 2016 at 2:51

Hi all,

I've added the minutes from the last meeting, both in full and in a doc. There are a couple of actions and ideas that came out of the meeting, and the minutes reflect the thoughts and ideas the people in the room came up with.

If you have anything to add, or any additions, please do send them to me on here or to my email rhianlewis@nationaltheatrewales.org

I'll be working on getting some draft templates and welcoming ideas for future meetings soon, so please check back

Thanks

Rhian

Comment by Rhian Richards on March 16, 2016 at 23:22

No worries Sara! Maggie did an amazing job in your absence. I'll be writing the minutes up tomorrow, so will be sharing really soon!
x

Comment by Sara Beer on March 16, 2016 at 23:14

Sorry I couldn't make the meeting. Looking forward to reading the minutes

Members (55)

2qjkymiztlzjw

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service