Information

Access Forum

The Access Forum is, in it's physical form, a quarterly meeting for arts organisations, individuals, audience members, freelancers, creators, makers and everyone in between to get together and talk about access.

On this group, we'll be sharing what we discuss at those meetings, the ideas we have, and any thoughts you might have on access.

We're aiming to make everything we do more accessible to more people, and to share everything we do to help each other.

Members: 35
Latest Activity: Mar 18

Discussion Forum

Any Ideas? 7 Replies

If you've got an idea, thought or something you'd like to discuss, please share it here...Continue

Started by Rhian Lewis. Last reply by Rhian Lewis Feb 6.

Deaf Theatre Club at the Sherman Theatre

Hi Please find some resources below we have created for Deaf Theatre Club at the Sherman TheatreThanks to Jonny Cotsen and Stephanie Back for all their helpWe have recently added some BSL videos we…Continue

Started by Guy O'Donnell Feb 4.

Resources and Top Tips

Hi allOn this thread, I will start posting resources that have been found and made after each Access Forum.I'm currently working on the Marketing and Communications Resource, which will include…Continue

Tags: resources

Started by Rhian Lewis Jan 20.

Help? 5 Replies

Has anyone got contact details for Mared or Megan from UCAN please?Or is anyone happy to pass on my contact details?kelly.barr@ndcwales.co.uk / 02920 635600Ta very much!Continue

Started by Kelly Barr. Last reply by National Theatre Wales Jul 22, 2016.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Access Forum to add comments!

Comment by Rhian Lewis on September 5, 2016 at 14:07

Hi Everyone,

As you know from the last Forum meet up, City of the Unexpected is very much on our doorsteps!

Saturday 17 & Sunday 18 September will see the city taken over by Roald Dahl's imagination, and we have loads of access provision going on across the two days that we'd love to get the word out about - hopefully with your help!

If you can share this on any of your channels, or to your followers, that would be brilliant.

On Saturday, there will be Audio Description, Captioning, viewing areas and platforms while on Sunday there will be mainly audio description as it is a highly visual day.

All the info can be found on the website, along with booking details - you just need to call 029 2064 6363 or email ticket.office@wmc.org.uk. We're recommending booking as we're expecting large crowds, but there is provision to accomodate people on the day.

Link to the COTU website: http://cityoftheunexpected.wales/accessibility

Please give me a shout if you have any questions - it's going to be a great weekend in Cardiff!

x

Comment by National Theatre Wales on July 20, 2016 at 13:01

Hi everyone,

Minutes from the last Access Forum meeting are now posted in the discussion above

Thanks

Rhian

x

Comment by AVANT on July 15, 2016 at 14:57

Hi All, Avant are experimenting with using swipe.to at their performance of Love Labours Won at the Redhouse, Merthyr. Detail below. The show is in Shakespearean text, so we feel that this will really be a great testing ground to see if this technology works.

If you can make it we would really appreciate your feedback.

Comment by AVANT on July 15, 2016 at 14:54

Comment by Megan Merrett on June 29, 2016 at 16:21
Hi. Hynt has invited cardholders to an event tomorrow. If any of you can make it too, it would be great to see you there:
Thursday 30 June 2016

1:45pm – 2:15pm Elevator, Jessie Brett Dance Company (part of http://www.hijinx.org.uk/unity/),at the Glanfa (foyer space), Wales Millennium Centre

2:15pm – 4:00pm Tea, coffee, cake and chat about hynt at the Urdd, Wales Millennium Centre

What do you think of hynt? What shows have you seen with the card? Do you use the listings on our website? What could we do better?

Hynt is the national access scheme for theatres and arts centres in Wales. We work to give a consistent offer for visitors and their carers, companions or Personal Assistants.

Elevator is a 30-minute dance from Jessie Brett Dance Company, performed by an international cast of disabled and non-disabled dancers.

Please RSVP to: megan@creucymru.com so that we can make sure we have enough cake! Elevator is free, you won’t need a ticket. If you can’t make the show but would like to pop along for a chat you’re more than welcome.
Comment by Rhian Lewis on June 16, 2016 at 8:19

Hi all

We're now confirmed for the next Access Forum!

Hope you can all join us on Thursday 7 July, 6-8pm at Sherman Theatre, Cardiff

More info here

Any questions, give me a shout
x

Comment by Marina Newth on June 10, 2016 at 7:10
Congratulations to NTW and Sherman for yesterday's Dementia Friendly performance, it was a lovely afternoon.

In that vein I am now a trained Dementia Champion so if any venues want to run Dementia Friendly sessions for their staff, I ma very happy to run sessions for them.
Comment by Jonny Cotsen on March 18, 2016 at 14:38

Thanks Rhian. Found it now! :) I am on the accessibility team for 'Jem & Ella' and having seen, tried out the app which I really liked, I think it's something that we can discuss in the next meeting or on this forum. The question is... do the audience prefer the standard captioning on stage (costs a lot of money) or use a hand-hand tablet with captioning (cost effective). Also it may not appeal to an older audience? Lot's to discuss. Maybe it would be quite good if some of us could see this app first hand at the Sherman / Riverfront to give their views on the app so it's not just me giving an opinion...?

Comment by Sherman Theatre on March 18, 2016 at 14:15

It is certainly something we can feedback on in terms of success/failure outcomes. Thanks Rhian

Comment by Rhian Lewis on March 18, 2016 at 14:13

Hi Sherman,

I'm pretty sure won't be in April - We agreed quarterly meetings were best so that's a bit early for us all.

However, if the app is being used then, we could talk about it in the next meeting? Technology and resources is one of the key themes, and there are a couple of people who could bring ideas/resources to the table, including Jacob at NTW and the team at UCAN.

Rhi
x

Members (35)

Stay Up To Date

Enter your email address:

image block identification

© 2017   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service