Assembly 2013/2014/2015

Information

Assembly 2013/2014/2015

We are inviting proposals from across Wales from anyone who has an idea on what subject the next National Theatre Wales Assembly should explore, and where it can take place. The date is set for March 29th 2014.

Assembly is a rousing performance/debate event that responds to local or global issues in a creative setting with time during the performance for the audience to debate and react.

Members: 71
Latest Activity: Apr 21, 2015

Discussion Forum

What are your thoughts about NTW Assembly and how it can develop? 5 Replies

Hi, i am the new Creative Associate at National Theatre Wales and I am responsible for the Assembly programe for the next two years. I have a few Ideas about how Assembly can develop but I wondered…Continue

Started by Gavin Porter. Last reply by Paul Jenkins Jul 22, 2013.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Assembly 2013/2014/2015 to add comments!

Comment by Gavin Porter on May 17, 2013 at 4:17

Wednesday 15th myself, Matt Ball, Simon and Laura took a trip up the Anglesey to begin to make links with people on the Island in readiness for NTW's month long residency during June. Getting there was an experience, we found it was cheaper to fly than to travel on the train, so we jumped onto a 19 seater plane which was a lot more pleasant than it sounds. As I am responsible for the Anglesey Assembly I was keen to meet both people from the creative community and active community members to get a sense of what the Assembly should be about, who should perform, what technical people could be involved and who should be audience members.

Through speaking to people a few recurring themes began to emerge:

• Employment
  • Youth Flight
  • Language (Welsh/English)
  • Power (Nuclear/Wind)

Over the two days we met with some really passionate people and I got a real sense of community and that people are extremely proud of their Island, its history and culture and I am genuinely excited about working on Anglesey of the next month or so.

I'd like to thank Simon, Dewi, Carol, Catrin, Mr Millburn, Iestyn, Susan, Diane, Khethi, Tamara, Alan and everyone else that we met for taking the time to speak to myself and Laura.

This is a short video from our two days:

My first visit to Anglesey from Gavin Porter on Vimeo.

Members (67)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service