Information

CRITICAL CHINWAG

Critical Chinwag is a new review & social night by me (Hi, I’m Bud by the way!) and NTW TEAM. 

Members: 108
Latest Activity: Jan 19, 2017

WHAT IS CRITICAL CHINWAG

Critical Chinwag is an an opportunity to see a variety of different performances. It allows for bigger theatre discussion across Wales on the NTW pages and encourage more theatre chin-wagging. Reviewing a show on your own can be scary so through having a chat in a group you can have more confidence and freedom to say what you want.

Simply, Critical Chinwag is a way for you to see different performances, discuss theatre and meet new and interesting people! 

When you come to a Critical Chinwag night you will receive...

- A free ticket for the selected show

- A post-show bevvy (wine, beer, sangria, squash...)

- A chance to discuss theatre and meet new people

In return we ask for you to...

- As a group, give your honest opinions of the show.

- Tweet and blog your thoughts on here and Twitter

- Have a good chin-wag and enjoy your night!

To be involved...

You must be a member of NTW TEAM to come to a Critical Chinwag night - If you are not a member, you can find more info about TEAM and become a member here 

We offer a small amount of tickets for each show, so if you are not successful the first time fear not! It’s nothing personal, just keep on trying! And all you need to do is send me an e-mail by the deadline specified for each night. 

Details of each events will be updated on here so keep your eyes peeled! And if you want to find out more feel free to e-mail me on buddugjjones@hotmail.com

Discussion Forum

My Body Welsh - Critical Chinwag @Galeri Caernarfon 26.1.17

(Originally posted on Rachel Risen's blog pages on January 19th 2017)Would you like the chance to see a piece of current theatre for free and join a group of us in the bar afterwards for a chat about…Continue

Started by rachel rosen Jan 19, 2017.

Light Waves Dark Skies

Here's my review of We Made This' Light Waves Dark Skies:…Continue

Started by Tom Wentworth Dec 7, 2016.

Can Yr Adar/ Birdsong, Theatr Mwldan

I was curious to see this performance, and a little unconvinced that it would work. A bilingual fusion of soul folk and jazz to tell the tale of a Welsh rainforest (is there such a thing?) seemed a…Continue

Tags: Welsh, bilingual, Crawford, Meriel, Kizzy

Started by Rozanna Niazi Nov 7, 2016.

Critical Chinwag - LIGHT WAVES DARK SKIES - 30th NOVEMBER at CHAPTER ARTS CENTRE

Hello! It's that time again... Yes, it's Critical Chinwag! So do come and join me for TEAM's always popular social and review event.This time I'm very excited to be hosting the Critical Chinwag for…Continue

Started by Tom Wentworth Nov 5, 2016.

@CriticalChinwag

Loading… Loading feed

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of CRITICAL CHINWAG to add comments!

Comment by Buddug James Jones on November 14, 2012 at 13:40

Thanks to SamAdamRachel,JoshTula and Hassan for coming along to see Hoipolloi's 'Stories from an Invisible Town' . And thanks to Bianca from the company for joining us after the show for a chat! 

There's going to be a round up of all of the discussion we had after the show on the discussion board here soon so keep an eye out for it. 

If you went to see Hoipolloi on Monday or Tuesday then let us know your thoughts on the show in the discussion board! Would be great to hear everyone's opinions...we ended up being locked in the bar until 12 because we couldn't stop talking about the show!! 

Bud

Comment by Jen Thornton on November 1, 2012 at 23:23

Gorgeous image, love it! 

It was a pleasure to chat yesterday, I'm really looking forward to seeing the discussions get going :)

Comment by Buddug James Jones on November 1, 2012 at 11:42

Hello! We've got a new image- what do you think??

Also... we're now on twitter! Follow us here

Big massive thanks to Jen and Catrin today for all the tips and introducing me to Storify! It's amazing! You basicly created a scrapbook of everything to do with well...anything! So basically, all the discussions we'll have with each show will become a story/scrapbook on here! Cool yeah?? I'm just getting my teeth into it so watch this space!

I'm getting excited to see Hoipolloi now!

Comment by Buddug James Jones on October 15, 2012 at 12:50

Thanks all for the great feedback! And Kelly,,,yes the name is amazing. Funny that!

As a quick reminder you all- the deadline is creeping up in us (just like all of the Halloween isles in the shops!). If you want to be involved with the first Critical Chinwag night to see Hoipolloi's Stories from an Invisible Town please e-mail me by Monday 22nd of November! 

More details are below on this thread...

Bud x

Comment by Kelly Jones on October 15, 2012 at 12:12

Bud this is amazing!! Defo want to be there :) The name is great

Kelly

Comment by Matthew Bulgo on October 5, 2012 at 3:59

This sounds like a cracking idea. X

Comment by Catrin Rogers on October 5, 2012 at 0:00

Hi Buddug, 

This is a fab idea - let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

C x

Comment by Anna Poole on October 4, 2012 at 3:41

Love the image Bud - very excited about this. 

Comment by Buddug James Jones on October 2, 2012 at 14:16

Hi y'all!

Our first Critical Chinwag night will be to see Hoipolloi’s ‘Stories from an Invisible Town’ performed by Hugh Hughes. For more information about the company and the show click here

We will be seeing it at WALES MILLENNIUM CENTRE on the 12th OF NOVEMBER. More info about the night here

Spaces are limited to 8 people for this first night and details of how to be involved are down below...

Please contact me on buddugjjones@hotmail.com headlining the e-mail with Critical Chinwag #1 by MONDAY 22th of OCTOBER.  We just want to hear a bit about yourself and why you want to come and then I'll let you know by the end of October whether you have a ticket or not.

Looking forward to hearing from you alll

Bud

Members (105)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service