Raw Material: Llareggub Revisited

Information

Raw Material: Llareggub Revisited

The first production of National Theatre Wales' fourth year - a star-studded, multi-platform, site-specific reimagining of Dylan Thomas’ Under Milk Wood, featuring theatrical installations across the town of Laugharne, and pre-recorded performances from some of Wales’ best-known actors and singers. Created by Marc Rees and Jon Tregenna. 3rd-5th May 2014.

Members: 63
Latest Activity: Apr 21, 2015

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Raw Material: Llareggub Revisited to add comments!

Comment by Rachel Kinchin on February 5, 2014 at 1:35

I had a wonderful day in Laugharne last week with photographer Warren Orchard and creators of Raw Material; Marc Rees and John Tregenna. They posed to perfection for some photographs. They also fumbled with some bras on their travels. You can't help but get excited hearing them talk about Raw Material. 

Comment by Jon Tregenna on February 4, 2014 at 22:51

'Immersing Marc Rees #1' - Marc goes to the Laugharne Tea Dance... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLx6QJrbe94&list=UUFm0mIQ5KwCkxa...

Comment by Catrin Rogers on February 4, 2014 at 6:21

About to set off on a walk around Laugharne, with Marc and Jon. Miraculous weather throughout - let's just hope it stays that way in May...

Comment by Jon Tregenna on February 4, 2014 at 3:54

Laugharne Carnival 2013: 'Drummers, golden cockle-shells, frackers, gnomes, minions, tennis players, wolfman and much much more...' http://youtu.be/pMOjIDHpyiM 

Comment by Jon Tregenna on February 4, 2014 at 3:53
Comment by Catrin Rogers on February 3, 2014 at 22:24

Wellies on and ready for a walk-through with Marc and Jon. Even with the promise of wind, rain and hailstones, I can't wait to see what they have planned...

Comment by Marc Rees on February 3, 2014 at 20:55
Dylan wrote in 1951

"...the idea that I write a piece, a play, an impression for voices, an entertainment out of the town I live in, and to write it simply and warmly and comically, with lots of movement and varieties of moods, so that, at many levels, through sight and speech, description and dialogue, evocation and parody, you come to know the town as an inhabitant of it."

This captures perfectly what we are aiming to achieve with Raw Material: Llareggub Revisited
Comment by National Theatre Wales on February 3, 2014 at 13:13

Very excited to finally announce this! Marc's been spending a lot of time in Laugharne - and Jon is actually living there - so there's been a lot of work going on.  Would be great to see some of your research material on here guys.

Comment by Jon Tregenna on February 3, 2014 at 5:45

I learnt man's tongue, to twist the shapes of thoughts 

DT - Love’s first fever to her plague

Members (59)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service