Information

Rethinking Education

A group for anyone who wants to help us develop an NTW approach to education.

Members: 133
Latest Activity: Oct 13

Our Manifesto

To act as a catalyst in creating new networks to stimulate debate across arts, education and beyond

To provide a forum to discuss education in a language that encourages fresh and innovative ideas

To develop leaders and advocates from a range of backgrounds, working throughout the whole education system

To focus on creating long-term solutions to the problems of the formal education system

To encourage cross-curricular dialogue to promote the benefits of the arts at all stages of the educational experience

Come join us.

Discussion Forum

Sharing - Rethinking Education for the 21st Century 1 Reply

http://shar.es/131gVNNesta posted this on twitter this morning. It is an article written by Naveen Jain called School's Out For Summer. It was originally posted…Continue

Started by Jain Boon. Last reply by 4elements1 (Konstantinos Davris) May 31, 2015.

Going forward

What if there is a way to take any discussion group to impact the future, involve the group and conversation , by discussion, attitude, interaction be it voice visual impact, more engagement allows…Continue

Started by Gary Morris Feb 27, 2015.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Rethinking Education to add comments!

Comment by Naomi Chiffi on June 17, 2016 at 10:03

Ac yn Gymraeg:

Bydd Cerdd Gymunedol Cymru yn cynnal cwrs hyfforddi tiwtoriaid, yn Caerdydd ym mis Gorffenaf.

Bydd y cwrs yn amcanu i ddatblygu cymwyseddau craidd a dathlu ac annog unigoliaeth ac amrywiaeth.

Ar gyfer pwy?

I’r canlynol:

• Pobl sy’n awyddus i gynyddu eu sgiliau, eu gwybodaeth a’u dealltwriaeth o ddefnyddio gweithgareddau creadigol yn eu gwaith â phobl
  • Pobl sydd eisoes yn gweithio mewn maes creadigol neu sy’n awyddus i ddechrau defnyddio celfyddyd mewn cyd-destun gwaith neu wirfoddol, gan gynnwys gweithwyr ieuenctid, cynorthwywyr dysgu, gofalwyr, gweithwyr blynyddoedd cynnar, gweithwyr chwarae, staff canolfannau dydd, arweinwyr clybiau ar ôl ysgol, gweithwyr sector  cyfiawnder ieuenctid, ayyb
  • Pob sydd â diddordeb mawr mewn gweithgareddau creadigol a chanddynt rywfaint o sgiliau artistig
  • Pobl sydd â’r potensial i ysbrydoli ac ysgogi eraill i gre

Mae’r hyfforddi wedi achredu gan Agored Cymru a diolch i ariannu gan Gyngor Celfyddydau Cymru a’r Loteri rydym yn medru cynnig hyn am y pris arbennig o £120 (£80 concesiwn)

Dyddiadau'r Cwrs

1af, 2il, 9fed, 15fed a 16 Gorffennaf, 2016

Os oes gennych gwestiynau pellach yna cysylltwch â ni ar:
029 2083 8060
neu e-bost:
admin@communitymusicwales.org.uk

Comment by Naomi Chiffi on June 17, 2016 at 10:02

The following may be of interest to some of you - it looks great!

Community Music Wales will be running a community arts tutor training course in Cardiff this July. 

The course will aim both to develop essential, core competencies and to celebrate and encourage individuality and diversity.

Who is it for?

For people who:

• Want to increase their skills, knowledge and understanding in using creative activities in their work with people.
  • Already work in a creative field, or want to start using art in a work or voluntary context, including youth workers, teaching assistants, carers, early years workers, play workers, day centre staff, after school club leaders, youth justice sector workers etc
  • Have a strong interest in creative activities and have some artistic skills
  • Have the potential to inspire and motivate people to create

The training is accredited through Agored Cymru and thanks to the Arts Council of Wales lottery funding we are able to offer it at the amazing price of £120 (£80 Concession)

Course Dates:

1st, 2nd, 9th, 15th and 16th July 2016

If you are interested in the course please don't hesitate to call us on:
029 20838060 
or email:
admin@communitymusicwales.org.uk

Comment by Naomi Chiffi on May 24, 2016 at 15:02

Words:

They are hurricanes,
threatening danger with every sound,
they can tear you apart.

They are stars,
thousands of miles away
never quite seeming reachable.

They are fires,
scorching and burning
ready to spit should you get too close.

They are graveyards,
holding forgotten memories
and buried dreams.

They are maps,
trace the lines with your hands
and find a new world.

They are mirrors
holding every inch of you,
both the parts you like and those you can hardly seem to face.

They are shadows,
the darkened silhouettes of you

on a cold December night.

But above all,

they are an escape;
a place to go when your mind is too full

and too empty all at once.

Charlotte Rose

Comment by Naomi Chiffi on May 24, 2016 at 15:02

"Words are prisoners;
banging on their cell doors,
fighting to get out.

Words are fire;
spreading with ferocity until someone finds the water.

Words are flowers;
they take their time to bloom,
but when they do they're beautiful."

Katelan Rowlands

Comment by Naomi Chiffi on May 24, 2016 at 15:01

We were delighted to work with Bryn Hafren school in Barry on an intergenerational photography project for 'Before I Leave' - it contains some fantastic, emotive images and will be displayed in the foyer of the Sherman for the run of the show, please do pop along to see it if you have the opportunity.

Patrick Jones also delivered a creative-writing workshop at at the school, the results of which are two beautiful poems, written by the pupils.  Here they are for your enjoyment

Comment by Naomi Chiffi on May 20, 2016 at 13:14

Thank you Rosey, this sounds fantastic.

If you are a teacher or are working with young people, we just wanted to let you know about a great opportunity surrounding our show, "Before I Leave" - on 2nd and 8th of June there will be post-show discussions with writer, Patrick Jones and emerging director Gavin Porter, which will offer a fascinating insight to the writing and rehearsal process.  Also, if anyone would be interested in bringing a group along for a backstage tour, we would be very happy to welcome you.  For more information please do get in touch, naomichiffi@nationaltheatrewales.org  

Comment by Rosey Brown on May 10, 2016 at 14:34

If anyone working with 14-25s could spread the word about Arts Active's summer project - it's free to participate and working with great organisations - Literature Wales, NoFit State, Earthfall Dance, Community Music Wales and more.  This year we're running a steering group to give young people even more input into the run up to the show and our first meeting is this Saturday:  http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/events/performance-first-...

Those interested can sign up on Eventbrite here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/performance-steering-group-tickets-2...

Comment by Bill Hamblett on April 27, 2016 at 16:28

We are still developing this withTim of sustainable schools  and just this minute seen a near to final edit of the video trailer  so this side of the Lightning Path resource almost is there but still making the rest fit the new - new - new curriculum.

Check our website soon....... I hope 

Comment by Naomi Chiffi on April 26, 2016 at 12:09

Hi Mark, it would be good to meet with you at your event in May to hear more about your project.  With regard to funding, there are numerous funding opportunities available through Arts Council Wales.  Let me know when your information evening will be, many thanks. 

Comment by Naomi Chiffi on April 26, 2016 at 12:05

Hi Bill, thank you so much for sharing, these sound like fantastic projects.  Do you have any more information on The Lighting Path resource?

Members (133)

Stay Up To Date

Enter your email address:

image block identification

© 2017   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service