Stories Of The Streetz: Cardiff

Information

Stories Of The Streetz: Cardiff

5 Writers...

5 Areas of Cardiff...

5 Scripts....

Stories Of The Streetz encourages you to listen to the world around you and create theatre from it! 5 writers will each be given a different area of Cardiff to spend the day in. After spending the day listening to conversations on buses,street corners and coffee shops they will then write a short script which will be performed at the first Stories Of The Streetz night in a few weeks!!!

If your interested in being one of the 5 writers or are an actor who would like to get involved then email me at:

storiesofthestreetz@gmail.com

Supported by NTW TEAM

Kelly

x

Members: 86
Latest Activity: Feb 18, 2017

The First Stories of the Streetz night!!!

The first Stories of the Streetz night was held in the cosy upstairs of Shot in the Dark. Heres what happened.There were five script altogether......

Judge a book by its cover By Carmen Medway Stephens was first and came all the way from the lovely area of Canton. This script featured a funny account between an elderly theatre goer and an aspiring actor usher. The actors in this piece were the equally wonderful Charlie Elliott and Rachel Helena Walsh

Second on the bill was Jog On By Bethan James. This script took place in Cardiff Bay and featured two female joggers on a man hunt and a search for cupcakes. The fabulous Aisling Bell and Caroline Beasley were in this.

From the picturesque Cardiff Bay all the way to the interesting area of Splott for The Usual Bernard Hummer By Anna Louise Poole. Starring the magnificent Richard Clatworthy, Chris Williams and Charlie Hammond. We saw Bernard's sad story of old age and a need to protect his wife's memory from local chavs!

The penultimate piece was set on a friday night down St Mary's St. I am For You By Rachel Helena Walsh was an exciting fast paced story of a girl with a dual personality. She relayed the step by step account of her night club brawl with a handsy drunk. Character Justine was played by Rachel Helena Walsh and Aisling Bell

And last but by no means least was the area of Riverside and Broken Brolley By Angharad Evans. We saw a chance meeting by two old lovers when the Amazing Faizal Farook and Caroline Beasley took the stage. They shared an umberella, intense loving gazes and stories from the Western Mail. Just Lovely!

Now heres the photos............

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Stories Of The Streetz: Cardiff to add comments!

Comment by Kelly Jones on April 25, 2012 at 23:31

Stories of the Streetz: Writers Workshop Day!

We are looking for the next lot of writers for Stories of the streetz and will be holding a writers workshop day on the Saturday 12th May (11-5) in Chapter for those who want to write. There are only Ten places so make sure to get in touch:

Storiesofthestreetz@gmail.com

kelly x

Comment by Angharad Evans on March 28, 2012 at 1:27

Sorry i couldn't make it last night Kelly. I hope it went really well. A.

Comment by Charlie Elliott on March 27, 2012 at 23:52

Roll on night 3!

Comment by Devinda De Silva on March 27, 2012 at 23:45
Really enjoyed last night. Nice one Kelly
Comment by Kelly Jones on March 10, 2012 at 10:06

Stories of the Streetz is now on the 27th March in Milgi in the Yurt

Hope to see you all there we have got some amazing scripts :)

kelly

Comment by Kelly Jones on March 1, 2012 at 0:58

HEY ALL!!!!

the 5 writers are all working on their scripts and the moment and the next event will be on the 26th of March in Shot in the dark

the areas we have this time are :

Roath

Cathays

Pen Y Lan

Grangetown

Whitchurch Village

I will be looking for actors again so if you are interested please get in touch

kelly xxx

Comment by Kelly Jones on February 7, 2012 at 4:08
Hey all
The next stories of the streetz is coming soon
Watch this space :)
Kelly x
Comment by carmen medway-stephens on January 18, 2012 at 23:03

Great evening Kelly, thanks for organising it, I know how hard it is x

Comment by Kelly Jones on January 16, 2012 at 12:06

Hey All

Thank you so much for all who were able to make it tonight, was a fantastic evening with great scripts,fantastic actors and a lovely atmosphere. Will definitely be doing another one soon and will let you all know

Kelly x

Comment by Bethan Natalie James on January 16, 2012 at 11:24

I second what Catrin says- great night. Very impressed with the actors/ writers, and I enjoyed seeing my script brought to life! Nice one Kelly, thanks for organising this xx

Members (84)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service