Information

TEAM Choir

TEAM Choir is an all comers group for anyone who has a desire to sing.The ability to hold a tune is optional. The desire to explore, create & have fun is essential.

Members: 56
Latest Activity: Jan 30, 2017

So here's the plan,

We're putting together a TEAM Choir in Cardiff (Sorry if you're not local, but watch this space...) to start in the new year.

We'd like it to be an all comers choir with an emphasis on joining in, expressing ourselves, playing & creating, whilst increasing our musicality, confidence & general well being.

We say you don't need to be an aspiring Jenkins or Terfel to join this choir, in fact, you don't even have to be able to hold a tune.

We say all you need is a desire to use your voice to explore song.

We say we've got a lot of ideas on how this could work, but, you know what, we say a lot of things, & more importantly we want to know what YOU say...

If you're interested in being part of putting TEAM Choir together then come & join us for a planning meeting (Date & Time TBC) where we can collectively decide what TEAM Choir will be. To get involved just join the TEAM Choir group & we'll be in touch to let you know the Date, Time & location of the planning meeting.

If anyone has any thoughts/ideas please feel free to comment below . . .

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of TEAM Choir to add comments!

Comment by Laura Fay Thomas on January 20, 2015 at 6:21

Hi Chris, Yes you're right it's been moved to Wednesday now if anyone wants to come along, sounds really good. I'll let you know how it goes.

Ben and I went along to the Welsh Beatbox Championships on Saturday, here's a few clips . . .

(Apologies for my terrible filming)

x

Comment by Christopher Young on January 20, 2015 at 3:32

That sounds great, I'd love to go but it says on Chapters site that the event has been moved to tomorrow (21st) and I'm in work all day/night! Blumin' Typical!

I'll look up Jason Singh though! If anyone goes then would love to know how it was!  

Comment by Devinda De Silva on January 18, 2015 at 23:52

If any of you are about tomorrow evening (20th) vocal sculpture Jason Singh is performing a live score to the film Drifters at Chapter.

http://www.chapter.org/drifters-no-cert-live-score-performance

Definitely worth catching

Comment by Laura Fay Thomas on January 15, 2015 at 0:33

Hey Chris, it says on the event it goes on till 3am, so you should still be able to catch it after work :) Looking forward to it!

Comment by Christopher Young on January 13, 2015 at 9:19
I'm very up for it but I'm working till 10 I could meet u after but I imagine it'll be done by the time I get there! I really think it would be a good night tho!
Comment by Ben Tinniswood on January 13, 2015 at 6:43

Happy New Year Choir Chums!

A quick upodate to say things are moving on apace & we're hoping to get some TEAM Choir based news to you very soon.

In the meantime, to set our collective imaginations going & to marvel at what the human vocal chords can do, howabout a trip down the Full Moon Club this Saturday. It's the Welsh Beatboxing Championships!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1476878949266216/

I believe the appropriate sign off here would be "Safe yeh".

Comment by Siân Thomas on December 12, 2014 at 1:06

congratulations! great sound :)

Comment by Christopher Young on December 12, 2014 at 0:26

Lovely stuff! Congrats, sounds really kool.

Comment by Laura Fay Thomas on December 11, 2014 at 22:14

Massive Congratulations to NTW Company Coordinator Hannah and her choir Cor CF1 for Winning NATIONAL CHOIR OF THE YEAR! Tune in to BBC 4 tonight at 7:30pm to watch the final that they rocked last Sunday! Such a huge achievement, well done!

If you can't wait till tonight here's a video of them in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6smvnIgUlY

Comment by Ingrid Lagouanelle on December 6, 2014 at 12:39

Thanks for the link Chris! We do get the idea :-) fab.

Members (54)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service