TEAM Workout & Skill Swap

Information

TEAM Workout & Skill Swap

A free National Theatre Wales TEAM event, open to anybody

An time for people to trade skills

Skills can be anything from your profession, such as photographer, to setting up Excel spreadsheets.

The event is designed to help us meet each other’s needs without spending any money. Eg, you translate my programme to Welsh and I’ll mix cocktails at your fundraiser.

Everyone knows that money is tight at the moment - especially people trying to do creative work. We are constantly being told that money is needed to make work, but getting hold of any is so difficult. We would like to turn the tide on this and get back to a culture where people traded for goods or skills, not money. To start this, we are holding an event where people can trade skills with each other with no money changing hands. Maybe you are looking to get your next shows programmes in Welsh as well as English but can’t afford to pay a translator. Or perhaps you are holding a fundraiser and could really do with someone to mix cocktails, but hiring a professional would cut into your donations. Well maybe you could trade your skills with another’s. You translate my programme and I’ll spend an hour mixing cocktails at your event. You win, I win, Art wins, no-one gets poorer!

On the day there will be a mix of people from all different creative professions with a whole host of skills to share.

Members: 66
Latest Activity: Sep 8, 2017

Discussion Forum

skill swap has a workout 1 Reply

This month's Skill Swap was held yesterday in Swansea as part of the TEAM workout.As useual everyone was surprised by how many skills they actually had ('Oh you mean someone might find a van driver…Continue

Started by Emma MacNab. Last reply by Lisa Wells-Turner Jul 9, 2013.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of TEAM Workout & Skill Swap to add comments!

Comment by Lisa Wells-Turner on November 16, 2014 at 1:58

The next TEAM Workout & Skill Swap in Bangor is approaching fast - 2 weeks to go! 

Anyone not yet signed up or wanting to know more about it just drop a line to team@nationaltheatrewales.org - blog about it can be found here

Roll on the 30th!

Comment by Lisa Wells-Turner on August 26, 2014 at 1:06

Hey everyone.  Just a reminder that the next TEAM Workout & Skill Swap session is coming up in Cardiff on the 6th September.  Details are here ...

Any queries or questions do get in touch.

Cheers,

Comment by Catrin Fflur Huws on June 18, 2014 at 23:10

I CAN

write, read, translate, do a Welsh version of

I NEED

things to write for, deadlines, a reason to overcome my anxiety and sense of futility

Comment by Peter Grehan on June 17, 2014 at 1:53

Hi All, I've had some photos taken by Llaima for my publishers. I shall be swapping a skill, yet to be specified, with her at some future date. She has credit in the bank of Peter's skills. :)

Comment by Emma MacNab on June 16, 2014 at 9:34

The reports of skill swaps happening from our previous event keep rolling in! Great to hear of voicereels being recorded, backing vocals being performed and headshots being taken all for no money!

Comment by James Robert Auheb on May 29, 2014 at 3:29
Hey Emma, just came across you group, what a brilliant idea!
I'll be coming along to the next TEAM event in Cardiff and I hope to meet you there!
James
Comment by Emma MacNab on April 30, 2014 at 7:32
Thanks to all who came along on Saturday. It was a great day and I hope you all found it useful. Please feel free to keep putting those looking tots on here so thang we can complete a few skill swaps that we didn't manage to solve on Saturday
Comment by Emma MacNab on April 2, 2014 at 4:38

The next skill swap will be in conjunction with Workout on 26th April at the Volcano space. Hope to see you all there!

Comment by Julie Bainbridge on January 29, 2014 at 22:27

When is this event?

Comment by Emma MacNab on January 19, 2014 at 22:35
I just posted a blog about TEAM workout and skill swap here: http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/workout-an... Thanks tEAM for making it happen!

Members (63)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service