Leslie Herman Jones

Female

Cardiff

United Kingdom

Profile Information:

What I do:
Creative Producer; Communications Consultant - USUK Enterprise, my work concentrates on the 'special USUK relationship' and I am actively seeking partnerships for creative projects.; Writer -- filmscripts; lyrics -- actively seeking creative partnerships; Researcher - actively seeking projects and opportunities.
A little more about me:
I trained as an actress and dancer from a young age. BA degree in Performing Arts and Communications from CUNY at Queens College, I came to Wales from NYC,USA to study at the Welsh College of Music and Drama in 1979, and gained a PG Dip. in Drama and Performing Arts.

I wrote plays and parodies in school, which were performed. I wrote arts reviews as a student, which were published in the university newspaper. My interest in writing, the arts and media led me into a career in mainstream magazine publishing in NYC, and then into a broader-based communications career to include arts marketing and promotions, public and media relations, web content writer, broadcasting, and tv/film production in the UK. On the strength of my ten+ year track record in arts marketing and communications, I set up a creative communications consultancy, Integrated Branding, working with small businesses especially from set up through their early years, across a wide range of sectors. The business focus has changed, and currently named USUK Enterprise, my work concentrates on the 'special USUK relationship' and I am actively seeking partnerships for creative projects.

Determined not to let a great idea go to waste, I flexed my own entrepreneurial muscles and set up and ran a Cardiff based retail business for 6 years, Beerrunner.com, which I sold when I began a peripatetic lifestyle travelling back and forth on a regular basis to NYC to spend quality time with my octogenarian parents. Always thrilled when I have another light bulb moment, a new business idea is in the pipeline!

I was part of the AHRC (Arts and Humanities Research Council)/CEWN (Creative Exchange Wales Network): Creative Capacity knowledge transfer partnership project. Working to address the topic of globalising the Welsh Creative Industries, my partners and I began the research on a unique translation app for live performances and events, under the project heading, App-Teitl.

I write film scripts -- two have been produced: It Could Be You (C4/Tumble Hill Productions); Boo! (Cyfle/RWCMD Productions) -- both were nominated for short film awards. I write lyrics, would love to hook up with a musician and enjoy painting.
United States (primarily NYC) and United Kingdom (Primarily Cardiff, Wales)
Projects I’m working on:
CCQ: Culture Colony Quarterly Chief Sub Editor
Art Times Journal Music writer
Third Age Critic
CircaJerk! Gallery Phase II (creative development)
Personal Website/CV:
http://usinwales.see.me
Twitter @username:
@usinwales

Comment Wall:

• Leslie Herman Jones

I'm in! 

• Julie Bainbridge

Hi Leslie,

Thank you for your interest in auditioning for Cages. The play is about three different women who each have breast cancer. Their monologues weave together into a reflective piece of drama.

I’m in the process of organising audition space for a weekend in mid June.

I’ll let you know the date and send you the script before 1st June.

Best wishes,

Julie