- 2 SCHOLARSHIPS worth 80% of fees are available to directors and actors for Weeks One and Two of the Working w/ Actors workshop in Cardiff. This is in response to a number of people reporting their keen desire to enroll, but their current state of penury. Apply by email to Savannah (email@example.com) with details of your work status, your educational details, professional experience, and stating why you want to do the course. Deadline for application is 29th March.
- The course is taught by Stephen Bayly, who brings over thirty years worth of industry experience as director and producer together with his dynamic, practical approach to teaching to create spaces where actors and directors work together and learn from each other.
- During week one we will be focusing on the fundamentals of Meisner technique, working on listening and repetition to forge connections, exploring the emotional reserve and analysing film performances. Building on these foundations, the second week will go into detail of collaboratively building up a character, and helping the actor personalise the text to deliver an organic performance.
- Stephen's method is to learn by doing, directors will engage as actors alongside other actors, to gain the workable tools to then obtain multi-layered performances from their cast... It would be fantastic to get some more of you from last years DGGB demo involved. Please get in touch if you're interested!
- Also check out this article in MovieScope Magazine, in which upcoming director and past student of Directing Arts, Leyla Pope, describes our course as her "most formative training"... http://www.moviescopemag.com/24-fps/one-to-watch/leyla-pope-one-to-...
- The course cost is usually £275 per week, winning the scholarship would grant you £220 per week towards the fees. It will be taking place at 'No Fit State' by Cardiff station, on 2-5 April (evenings) 10-13 April (evenings) and 14 & 15 April (all-day).
- For more details of the course, further information on Stephen, and for testimonials from past students please visit www.directingarts.com and join our facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Directing-Arts/296958593649138.
Add a Comment