Do you have experience of working with young children?
Would you like to join our Creative Play Team?
Theatre Iolo are looking to create a small team of people who are able to run creative play sessions alongside BOXY & STICKY our latest play made specially for 3-5 year olds and their families.
Alongside our family and school shows we like to offer an exciting programme of workshops and creative play sessions to give parents and children a chance to have some and creative time together. We also provide schools with more structured sessions in the classroom where pupils can benefit from extra hands on activities that are linked to the show.
What will I be doing?
- After a training day you could be working as an individual or within a team to lead a workshop or play session in a library, a church hall, a classroom a theatre or with a community group.
- You may be following a specific workshop theme or simply encouraging play between children and their carers/parents.
- Generally helping the group get creative.
What skills and qualities do I need?
- Ideally experience of working with children aged between 3-5 (or slightly older) in a play, arts or education setting.
- We are particularly keen to have a set amount of people who are Welsh speaking and who will be able to lead the session in the Welsh language.
- An excellent communicator who is full of ideas for children’s games and activities.
- Enthusiasm and an upbeat personality with an ability to relate to adults and children.
- Possibly someone who has worked in education or arts sector delivering creative sessions.
- Preferably a driver with use of a vehicle.
- Preferably someone who has a current Disclosure and Barring certificate but we will consider applicants who are willing to undergo a full Disclosure and Barring Service check.
- A Training Day will take place during the week starting 14th March at Chapter Arts Centre, Cardiff and you will need to have some availability between the beginning of April and the end of June.
- We will create a pool of people so the number of sessions you are involved with will depend on our requirements and your availability.
- You will be paid a fixed fee per workshop session plus travel expenses.
How to apply
Please send a short paragraph about yourself and a C.V including your professional experience and any qualifications relevant to this role. We'd also like you to tell us what you think you could bring to this team of people.
Please email to email@example.com by 5pm on Monday 7th March 2016. For further information please contact Kerry Difelice on 02920 613782.