Camden People's Theatre are offering a new seed commission to artists from BAME (Black, Asian and minority ethnic) backgrounds to create a new ‘scratch’ performance (up to 25 minutes long) as part of their Autumn 2016 programme.
Each artist will receive £750 towards producing the work. These commissions are being offered specifically to those from BAME backgrounds in recognition of the fact these artists are currently underrepresented in contemporary theatre.
Please bear in mind, they are unlikely to consider 'plays' as traditionally understood, 'new writing', formally conventional work, straight monologues, or any work made according to the usual writer- director-actor hierarchies.
More information here.
What They’re Looking For
• New work based on the following themes: feminism, the intersection between music and theatre, and the current political landscape
• Unconventional and innovative work
• Devised, self-made and solo work
• Off-site work
• Interactive work
• Live art / cross-disciplinary work
What They’re Offering
· £750 seed commission
· PR and marketing support, inclusion in brochures, website, social media activity
· Technician to support get-in, and to operate your show (please bear in mind that they anticipate scratch commissions to require minimal technical support)
· Ongoing development opportunities – they are keen that the commissions are the beginning of a long term relationship with the artists support, and will do what they can to help you develop your work further
· Rehearsal space, subject to availability
Add a Comment