Weekly (Monday) 9am -3.15pm
Fee: Disclosed at interview
We are looking for a creative, performance based individual to work with our new Mid-Wales Pathway Course for adults with a learning disability
Responsibilities include (but at not limited to):
• should arrive at least 30 minutes before the start of a session to oversee the arrival of students.
• remember that you are there to enable rather than instruct, to support each person’s development rather than leading them or doing things for them.
• make yourself aware of any medical conditions (such as allergies), existing injuries and medicine affecting any of the vulnerable adults you have contact with.
• Be aware of all students at all times - during the lunch break, students might wish to have some quiet time or eat alone. However, the support worker will still need to ensure that at least one volunteer is present at all times.
• fulfil duties pertaining to daily feedback and ensure all documents are completed and filed accordingly
• liaise with the Welfare Officer on any matters of concern over student welfare.
It is advisable to ensure that you are never in a situation where you are one-to-one with a person with a learning disability. There should be a second non-vulnerable adult present at all times.
Please email a copy of your CV with a statement of your interest in working with Hijinx Training facilities to email@example.com
We also have opportunities for volunteers to get involved, not only with our Pathway course but with all of our training courses for adults with learning disabilities across Wales. Please get in touch to find out more.
Add a Comment