Catherine Paskell's Comments

Comment Wall (255 comments)

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

At 1:51 on March 4, 2012, Miranda Ballin said…

Hi Catherine 

We still have your present and card! we keep missing each other by being in Poland - how odd is that - shall I wrap them up for christmas or would you like to forward me an address - I hope to be back in Poland for Easter for 2 weeks working with Kronika art gallery - maybe it would be easier to meet me there!! kisses Miranda xxxxx

At 0:15 on January 13, 2012, Nadia Kamil said…

Hello! There's a lot of stuff here. x

At 3:28 on November 30, 2011, Merel Prescott said…

Tee hee, I only just noticed this.  Better late than never I guess!  Yes indeed, it is me :)

At 10:03 on November 6, 2011, Fiona Roberts said…

Cathernie I have recentlty joined the writers group and have found out that I can submit work to you.  Attached are some scenes (they might not run in the order they are and much needs to be reworked and developed etc)from a play I am working on at present called "Malegria" and below some ideas on the developing text as it stands at present :-

The idea that a character’s search for meaning can powerfully engage an audience has prompted this exploration. I started with the idea of using an imaginative approach to a character’s search for self identity based on a loose plotline which follows a woman’s house renovation project; symbolically the house is representative of her real and imagined self.  Fact, fiction, fantasy and art I reason can be combined in order to explore important questions e.g. is it possible to imagine, construct and enact alternative identities which are closer to ideas of an essential or authentic self  in an age when  experience and thinking is so heavily shaped by  the media and the pervasive structures of capitalism and consumerism?  I also wanted to explore ideas of loss and the potential for reclamation and therefore in part the text has features of a memory play and utilises concepts of collective or folk memories (this aspect of the text is developed through the presence of Welsh Mam a character which in part is representational of a female/wild goddess rooted in folk tales and memory e.g. Baba Yaga and developed in the archetypal psychological sense through feminist interpretations of the theories of Carl Jung). To elaborate further the text in part is an attempt to provoke the audience to think about life, death, loss and reclamation and in a broader sense the search for meaning, through juxtaposing representations of modern and postmodern contexts. The post modern context is represented through central character Val who has bought a ‘renovation project’ at auction, and whose venture is being filmed for a reality TV series. The modern is represented by the letters which she finds, written by Welsh miners who decided to join the international brigade to fight against Franco during the Spanish Civil war (fact). Mediating between these two worlds is the archetypal character of Welsh Mam who has now ‘reinvented herself’ and is working in a contact centre.Malegria.doc

At 2:01 on April 9, 2011, Anna Sandreuter said…
Hi Catherine, thanks for getting back to me, be great to see you there, hope you are well also. x
At 8:56 on March 2, 2011, Katie Harris said…

Hi Catherine

can you e-mail me the e-flyer please?

At 7:24 on January 28, 2011, Louis Martin said…
Hey, it was good seeing you too. A Louis tour, sounds like fun. Are you going to be in Aber on tuesday? Also would it be alright if I brought a friend along too?xx
At 6:08 on January 25, 2011, Katie Harris said…
HI Catherine
Was great meeting you too :D I look forward to seeing you soon! Let me know when you are back in aber x
At 13:32 on December 16, 2010, Rachel Williams said…

Hi Catherine, thank you for the suggestion and invite to the New Critics group, sounds like a great idea and would be really interesting to share opinions and idea's with the New Critcs and others in the group. As I am always looking for new ways to develop and tackle my own critcal and writing voice to.

Rachel

At 10:31 on November 23, 2010, Carla Turner said…
Hi Catherine, thanks for getting back to me. I am London-based but am home from around the 20th Dec. If that's too close to Christmas though we could meet in the new year? My family live in Creigiau now and I have a car so can pop to Cardiff anytime. Just joined the Actor's Group. Thanks again and I look forward to meeting you!
x Carla
At 19:25 on November 20, 2010, Reema Gehi said…
Hey Catherine! I don't know how I missed your message... Good to hear from you :) Btw, do you have any pictures of the Cardiff assembly? And yeah, how are things? :-) xx
At 6:45 on November 8, 2010, Dominic Williams said…
Thanks! Looking forward to working with you too. Hope this week goes well, especially saturday.
At 22:05 on November 7, 2010, Jodie Lamb said…
Yep, it sure is, though long since not of Oldham. How are you in sunny Cardiff?
At 23:01 on October 16, 2010, William Mark Driver said…
Thanks Catherine, the move went really well! things are just starting to calm down now, its all been a bit hectic! I will definitley be poping in sometime soon, I would love to come and meet some new faces! x
At 1:03 on October 14, 2010, DumbWise said…
Thanks for the comment Catherine, it was great to have you there and your feedback was very helpful. See you soon we hope. John and DumbWise x
At 21:31 on October 5, 2010, Mog said…
Got your film online here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVko_BfsjsY

M
At 8:14 on September 28, 2010, Emma Louise Faulkner said…
Thanks very much, glad to be a part of it. Hopefully I will get my creative muse back and continue the comic.
At 7:01 on September 28, 2010, Catrin-Mai Huw said…
Hello! All is indeed brilliant (or there abouts) with me! Hope all in the life of Ms Paskell is fabulous!xx
At 5:54 on September 22, 2010, Allan Williams said…
Hello Catherine,
May I send you two one act scripts for your opinion.If so could you let me have an address please.Thank you.
Best Wishes
Allan
At 2:50 on August 16, 2010, Rebecca Beaumont-Bullock said…
haha lol will do x x

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service