A Midsummer Night's Dream opens at Gnoll Park

Well - we are open.  Working in an open country park is so fantastic as there is so much passing 'trade' people who may never have considered watching a Shakepeare have found themselves captivated by the rehearsals and performances and joined the audience on their journey.  Hearing people saying 'life should have more of this' is possibly one of the loveliest things I have heard as a director.  Hearing the giggles of small children as they race the cast to the next location and the belly laughs from the older members of the audience put a smile on my face. 

We have been blessed with the weather and the rumour of the 'driest May on record' does make me a little excited.  Despite our visits from The Borrowers - we were depleted on the Space Hopper front yesterday as two of our brightly coloured round friends where stolen away by some park dwellers ( and who could blame them - it was just too tempting to have a bounce) they were, however, gallantly returned unharmed ( although sporting some new tattoos) to us by some lovely young people later in the evening.  If anyone sees a red haired mop puppet on their travel in Gnoll she too would like to be reunited with her friends! 

Today we were also blessed with the presence of a wonderful signing ( BSL) choir -  a result of our outreach work lead by Beth House.  It was truly beautiful and even brought a tear to my eye.

We are ready to tour now and the talented cast have worked so hard to bring you a fun filled, energetic show - a perfect way to spend a bank holiday or balmy (we hope) summer evening.  Just be warned things are not always as they seem.....www.takingflighttheatre.co.uk for tour details

Views: 168

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service