My name's Tom, Tom Jones - it's not unusual. (Some laugh at that others don't - I find it quite funny). My full name is Thomas Tudor Jones and I'm the Assistant Manager at the Park and Dare Theatre.

I'm new to this blog-ing 'thing' or at least I think I am - let me know how I do!?

National Theatre Wales have finally taken up residency in the Park and Dare Theatre, Treorchy - can you believe it!? I am very excited and can't wait for the local community to see the building in a whole new light - which is why you should come and take part in the events!!

The team arrived on Tuesday and I had the pleasure of welcoming them - with the standard health and safety talk :/ and a tour of the magnificent building :). Ok I'm a bit biased - I'm a local valleys boy and proud of it; I have always loved my local theatre. I just think it was an amazing achievement 100 years ago to have a built such an amazing, grand, ambitious building that still stands tall today over the skyline of Treorchy - financed with the contribution of the miners 'penny in the pound' scheme. We owe so much gratitude to them - forfeiting a part of their wage for the greater good of their local community.

The residency means that they have taken over the ENTIRE building - (Well... I haven't shown them the cellar, store room or cleaners cupboard just yet, in case they want that space as well). The next month is set to be an amazing month long extravaganza of what Wales has to offer to the world of theatre. At the centre of it is #Tonypandemonium - a play by, our very own award winning writer, Rachel Trezise who's from Treorchy herself. You should come and see it - good writing, good acting, and you'll see the theatre like you've never seen it before...

Lots of the team will be out and about in the community over the next few weeks - 'ave a chat with them - they don't bite and are all really friendly! Pop in to share your stories with them and us, your memories of the Park and Dare - then come and see a show!!! 

If you are popping in and are passing the Co-Op, or Lo-cost to us locals, "I do love their custard creams” ;)!

Views: 164

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Comment by Thomas Tudor Jones on October 4, 2013 at 21:10
That can be your Monday morning treat, Simon!
Comment by Simon Coates on October 4, 2013 at 19:06

I haven't seen the room where you're hiding the model railway yet either!

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service