Feeding the Future of Opera & Looking for Writers

Hi

Just posted another blog on the Music Theatre Wales website presenting the impact our commissioning and artist development project Make an Aria, and how they are feeding into the future of opera.

ALSO We will be looking for writers for the next Make an Aria in Cardiff after Easter for a project that should resultin some real performances! 

If you are a writer interested in collaborating with a composer to try out writing a bit of opera please get in touch with me. If you wnat to know how Make an Aria works check out an earlier blog, also at musictheatrewales.org.uk

Views: 228

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Comment by Tracy Spottiswoode on April 22, 2014 at 3:17
Hi Michael, I would love to take part in this. I have written for musical theatre in the past, for visual, experimental and 'straight' theatre, and have always wanted to try opera.
Comment by Othniel Smith on April 19, 2014 at 5:52

Hi, Michael - I would also love to have a go at collaborating with a composer - follow this link for my cv etc.

Comment by Rowena Louise Bernice Scurlock on April 18, 2014 at 0:05
Hello there my names Rowena and I'm also interested.
Comment by Ross Salvage on April 17, 2014 at 9:40

Hi Michael, I'm a teacher, musician and writer living near Newport and would be interested in taking part. I have grade 8 trumpet and recently took a music arranging course at Cardiff University. I have also had a film script get to the last twelve of the 'It's My Shout' short film competition and a play broadcast on  Radio Glamorgan in January this year (including a repeat performance). To listen to excerpts and me filling in some background information to the play just look on www.mygyratory.com. Ross

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service