Lleisiau - 2 weeks to go - Look who we've got performing! Mike Pearson!

Over the next two weeks we will be introducing to you a number of the amazing performers we have taking part in Lleisiau and here's our first, the legend who is Mike Pearson . . . 

"I'm a professor at Aberystwyth University but until 1997 I worked as professional theatre maker in Wales – with Cardiff Laboratory Theatre (1973-81) and Brith Gof (1981-97). I continue to make performances with Pearson/Brookes and in recent years with National Theatre Wales. 
In 1980, I spent several months in Tokyo studying the odori dance Fuji Musume which is found in some kabuki drama programmes; and noh theatre with Kanze Hideo, head of the Kanze company, the most important of the noh 'families'.
I'll be singing the text from the final scene of the noh drama Kanawa – The Iron Crown, the story of an abandoned wife, consumed with jealousy and resentment, who returns in the form of an evil demon, wearing lighted candles on her iron crown and red pigment on her face. After attacking dolls representing the ex-husband and his new wife, she is exorcised. She vows to return…
Always excited to be part of a Good Cop Bad Cop performance. You never know what to expect!"

“Lleisiau/Voices” is a performance project produced by a creative partnership between Chapter and good cop bad cop celebrating how the people of Wales use their voices in a variety of ‘unsung’ ways.

Performances will happen in Cardiff at Chapter from the 8th – 10th of May 2014. Tickets cost £12/£10/£8 and performances start at 7.30pm.

To book tickets, for more information, or to sign up for our Live Stream Click Here

Views: 236

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service