Tears, Tory talk and tons of Tension!

As you can probably guess by my chosen title, we worked on the second half of the play today!

Working on the second half in isolation was very challenging to say the least, especially when we came to the end scene which we understandably call "mega-scene", as a lot of energy, focus and of course clear, driven objectives were needed. We found having repeated the scenes a few times, we'd occasionally fall into playing the end product.. Every audience member's worst nightmare - it's just like handing someone a big surprise present and revealing (before they open the present, may I add) that it's an average chocolate aero which they can't eat but have to sit and watch for 3 hours. Not a great surprise and very unfair! Perhaps my chocolate example wasn't a great one but you get understand where I'm coming from... right? So it's a big no-no to playing the end product! However, a big YAY to exciting, new choices!!!

Positive note: Having already opened this show to the public in the Grand Theatre Swansea back in March, it's been very interesting to see how we can improve each scene, line, and beat having had experience in the likes of Sanford Meisner work thanks to Living Pictures and I believe we're really beginning to grasp (excuse the pun) the feeling and meaning behind truly connecting and reacting to another person in the space, exciting stuff eh?

13 @ CHAPTER ARTS CENTRE CARDIFF

22ND - 26TH JULY 2014

Views: 78

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service