We frequently hear about the development and attributes of Writers, Artists and Film Makers but what about to Techies, Techies! I hear you non Techies bark, then whisper I heard of them somewhere.  Well I’m a techie, have been for many years and damn proud of it, not “Professional” yet have lit quite a few Pro’s, and yes I know, I should do I’m a techie, that techies are a lonely breed who go about their trade, unappreciated,  in their “blacks” amongst the shadows or can be seen as a silhouette up there, at the back of the auditorium, you know that small window with the strange blue light coming from of it, yes you have seen them, Okay, let’s face it, if we wanted to be noticed we wouldn’t be techies, an actor once said (before being reminded by his peers not to consort with the likes of us) “techies aren’t they those strange people you see in the corner of the room at the end of show party, observing the writer, the director and of course the actors mutual appreciation then disappear virtually un-noticed.”

A techie soon finds out that when a show goes well, nothing much is said about the lighting or sound, but when the doorbell sounds like fog horn and the moonlight looks like midday on the costa’s, well we won’t go into that shall, that being the case then why do techies carry on doing what they do? So where have all the techies gone? Are they “Resting” too.

Views: 63

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service