I know it seems to be getting more and more complicated now (Wales, Japan, London). Bear with me...

Our Japanese WalesLab artists (Underground Airport and Yo Nakamura) will be giving a presentation about their work and practice at a seminar called 'Young, Fearless and Limitless' at the Japan Foundation later this month. They've been invited to talk about the new wave of artists and direction of work taking place in Japan, of which they are a part of. And to share information about their latest projects (which are being developed in Wales right now as I type). 

Sioned Huws, a fantastic chorerographer from North Wales has been part of an ongoing collaboration with many artists in Japan (and the country its self for 4 years). I've admired her work for some time so i'm really looking forward to meeting her  in person and hearing more about what she has been getting up to.

The talk has been arranged and will be hosted by the Japan Foundation. The talk is free to attend but space is limited so book your place here.

The Japanese artists will be having a sharing of their work next week held at Chapter Arts Centre (if you are interested in what they are working on you can have a look at my earlier blog post). If you would like to attend the sharing, please get in touch.

The WalesLab Japan projects have been funded by the Japan Foundation and the Great British Sasakawa Foundation. WalesLab is funded by the Esmee Fairbarin Foundation.

Views: 147

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Comment by Mathilde Lopez on August 21, 2014 at 3:26

Mr Coates,

I would like to attend the sharing in Chapter Art Centre next week and wondered if there's any way we can follow the Japan Foundation talk from Cardiff or if we just have to wait that it opens a Cardiff branch...soon.

Comment by Simon Coates on August 19, 2014 at 0:11

Hi Anne - it will be at the Japan Foundation - Russell Square. You can book yourself a place by emailing event@jpf.org.uk.

Would be great to see you there!

Comment by Anne Langford on August 18, 2014 at 23:47

Ooh - when and where in London?

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service