National Theatre Wales is casting for its next production, a new play by Robin Soans, to be directed by Max Stafford-Clark in co-production with Out of Joint.

The production will open in Cardiff followed by a Welsh and English tour, culminating in a five week run in London.

Auditions:

In London on 27th October and in Cardiff on 30th & 31st October

As per National Theatre Wales’s casting policy, actors submitted should be Welsh, Wales based (working and residing permanently in Wales, but not necessarily Welsh) or trained professionally in Wales.

If you would like to be considered for this production please send your headshot and CV, telling us a bit about yourself, where you are from and where you are based to: casting@nationaltheatrewales.org

Roles:

Man 1

Playing age: 35 – 55

A loving, down to earth rugby fanatic Welsh dad. Will also play other parts. We’re very keen to see actors from Bridgend for this part.

Man 2

Playing age: 30s – 40s

To play a variety of Welsh and English parts. Must be able to do a brilliant Neil Kinnock impression.

Young Woman 1

Playing age: teens – 20s

To play a variety of troubled young women. Will also play male roles at some point. We’re very keen to see actors from Bridgend for this part.

Young Woman 2

Playing age: teens – 20s

The best best friend. Loyal and supportive. Will also play male roles at some point. We’re very keen to see actors from Bridgend for this part.

Dates:

Rehearsals start (London)                 12th January 2015

Rehearsals move to Cardiff                9th February 2015

Performances in Cardiff                     19th February 2015 to 7th March 2015

Welsh tour from                                  9th to 28th March 2015

English tour from                                w/c 30th March to 11th May 2015

Holiday week                                      w/c 11th May 2015

Run in London                                    w/c 18th May to 20th June 2015

Fees:

The salary for the first 11 weeks of the production is £550 rehearse and play. During rehearsal Relocation Allowance will be paid at  £152 per week or part thereof (or a Commuting Allowance of £132) as appropriate after which a weekly Touring Allowance of £214 will be paid.  

Salary for remainder of the tour including the run in London is £440 per week with touring allowance of £275 and, during the London run, Relocation Allowance of £152 per week as applicable. 

Views: 982

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Comment by Megan Merrett on November 15, 2014 at 12:21

Is this the only place that NTW posts casting calls? I am forever scrolling through and noticing opportunities with deadlines that are long gone.

Comment by Marie Westcott on October 26, 2014 at 21:02

Hi Mawgaine,

Have I missed the deadline for applications?

Many thanks for posting

Marie

Comment by Justin Walters on October 23, 2014 at 23:13
Hello Mawgaine. Have emailed my details. Have the auditions been shortlisted as yet. Thanks. Justin
Comment by Mawgaine Tarrant-Cornish on October 22, 2014 at 3:21

Hi Naomi, 

Sam, our Casting Director, is putting together the audition days at the moment so she'll be in touch soon with everyone who has applied. 
Thanks. 
Mawgaine 

Comment by Naomi Underwood on October 21, 2014 at 5:39
Hello Mawgaine!
I emailed my CV and head shots last Tuesday and I just wondered if there was any development on getting an audition or if I would hear back anytime soon?

Thanks!
Comment by carmen medway-stephens on October 11, 2014 at 6:20

think about coming to the college to do a casting??

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service