Tate Circuit/Cylch unique Gallery 1 exhibition at MOSTYN

I am so delighted to say that as part of MOSTYN's new season, Gallery 1 will be opening tomorrow, Friday, 14th November at 6.30pm,  'Gallery 1' is the first show of its kind - a celebration of the interests and values of a generation curated by participants of Tate Circuit/Cylch, mentored by artist Beddwyr Williams & MOSTYN's Visual Arts Programme curator, Adam Carr.  This flagship project for MOSTYN is the first at the institution to be entirely curated by a team of young people, giving them an opportunity to work with artists and gallery staff on events and activities. As one of those artists, I've had an amazing experience working with them, and watched their confidence grow every week, especially as the ideas became real and were given space and context within this remarkable exhibition.  I've also learned hugely from them and am really, really proud of what they've achieved! It also looks like Film Team's 'Awesome Dawson' is gearing-up to film the event too (TBC!), so there will be celebrations (and a blog), all round!

My work with Ysgol John Bright continues with the 2nd phase of the Digital Project, looking at performance art...

and Circuit/Cylch is held each Thursday, 5pm-7pm, at MOSTYN, Llandudno. If you're between 15-25yrs and are interested in finding your creative voice - be it music, art, drama, filmmaking, performance, whatever interests you, or you just want to pop-in and see what's happening, you are very welcome. For more information contact Tomos Jones, Cylch Project Co-Ordinator, at tomos@mostyn.org.

Tate Circuit/Cylch is a four-year national programme led by Tate and funded by the Paul Hamlyn Foundation, connecting 15–25 year olds to the arts to galleries and museums; MOSTYN is one of five national partners selected from the Tate Plus Network to take part in the programme.

Views: 207

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service