There’s been some time since the meeting of creative people that would be the first of what we hope to be many TEAM choirs. So we thought its time we wrote a wee blog about where we’re at!

Firstly it’s still happening - so you can stop worrying now :)

Ben Tinniswood, Laura Fay Thomas and myself have met and talked over insanely large tea pots and we now have a plan! Over the course of 6 weeks there will be a weekly, 2 hour session for this first choir to develop techniques and ideas with the help of a few other creatives to get our brains ticking. We’re currently searching for the right venue to hold these sessions that would suit all of the members in terms of travelling and we’re aiming to have a venue for a small gathering/showing on the 6th week of creating. Don’t worry – this 6th week will not be the end of the choir, merely the beginning!

Our choir is not your conventional choir see. Rather than singing your everyday popular hits we are hoping to go more in the direction of ripping them to shreds and putting things together up side down and inside out (no pop culture pun intended!).

We will work with spoken word, sound making, exploring the physical space, improvisation, forming and building new pieces together as we grow and learn together. There could be bird song, body percussion, beat boxing, melody, pops, clicks, whistles, calling to each other from different corners of a room, making new sounds, building soundscapes using whatever we have at our disposal to create a choir that isn’t really a choir…more of an environment being performed…a Sound Collective.

So if this sounds like something you’re so happy to hear about that nothing will ever beat this wonderful ecstatic feeling you have right NOW…..as you read…wipe the tears of joy away and join the TEAM Choir group and let us know who you are!

As long as you are a TEAM member there is nothing stopping you! And if you’re not a TEAM member then become one by looking for the group on the NTW community site and reading about what TEAM does.

We look forward to hearing from you and I’m most definitely looking forward to making some noise with this first sound collective!

Pop!

Views: 236

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Comment by Laura H Drane on March 1, 2015 at 9:46

Sounds good, dates/ times dependent. Keep me posted.

Comment by Christopher Young on February 27, 2015 at 9:11

Ha, no Genesis songs I'm afraid, although its an interesting thought!

Comment by Juliette Llewellyn on February 27, 2015 at 8:10

Hi Chris & co, keep me in touch with the dates / venue etc :) Juliette

Comment by Rhian Richards on February 27, 2015 at 0:10

Dammit, I thought the Genesis in the this blog post meant we'd be singing Genesis songs... which I really want to do by the way!

Comment by Ben Tinniswood on February 26, 2015 at 4:49
Hi Owen. Exact dates depends on venue confirmation, but it'll be early to mid April kick off. Plenty of time to limber up those vocal chords!
Comment by Owen Lindsay on February 26, 2015 at 4:13

Any predictions as to days/dates that you plan to begin?

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service