August 012 - Free Rehearsed Reading - W.I.S.E

Cardiff University and August 012 have been working with a group of over 65s to explore issues of identity, memory and civic and political engagement, providing the content for the 3 Welsh chapters of an epic, European 12-part play, written by writers from Germany, Poland and Italy. The play offers snapshots of European history from a uniquely personal perspective: Childhood in Nazi occupied Italy, solidarity in contemporary Berlin, dissent in East Germany, the fight against the Mafia, pride and community in the miners’ strikes in Wales, Welsh language activism and much more . . .

A rehearsed reading directed by August 012 Artistic Director, Mathilde López, and performed by actors, Robert Harper, Bethan Morgan and Tom Mumford will be followed by a roundtable discussion entitled “WISE Connections: fostering arts projects between Europe and Wales” and lead by Dr Cristina Marinetti (Lecturer in Translation at Cardiff University) with Dr Katja Krebs (Senior Lecturer in Theatre Studies at Bristol University) and Dr Márta Minier (Lecturer in Drama at the University of South Wales).

The event is supported by the European Commission (Lifelong Learning Programme – Grundtvig), Chapter and the School of Modern Languages (Cardiff University).

Stiwdio at Chapter (Cardiff), Friday 27th March 2015, Doors Open 2.45pm

Places are free but limited, so please reserve your place here

Views: 228

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Comment by Sarah Jane Leigh on March 25, 2015 at 3:14

Hi Elaine, sorry about that. Does this work - http://events.cardiff.ac.uk/view/wise-reading-conference/

Comment by Elaine Paton on March 19, 2015 at 8:44

I'd love to come to this but have just tried the link and it doesn't seem to be working?  Please tell me how else I can book.  thanks Elaine

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service