I ddechrau - roedd Tocyn i Ble yn ardderchog! Dw i’n dysgu Cymraeg ar hyn o bryd felly ron i’n falch o gael y cyfle i weld sioe yn y Gymraeg - diolch eto ntwTEAM. Mae Tocyn i Ble wedi cael ei ysgrifennu gan Siwan Llynor a Chlwb Drama Cofis Bach. Perfformiwyd gan bobl ifanc o Gaernarfon ac actorion lleol, yn llyfrgell Prifysgol Bangor. Gweles i’r ymarfer gwisg  10fed o Ebrill, a mi wnaeth o argraff arna i. Mwynheuais i’r gerddoriaeth a theitho o gwmpas llyfrgell y Brifysgol. Roedd y gwisgoedd a’r golygfeydd llwyfan  yn hwyl  ac yn ddychmygus ac roedd hi’n gret gweld pobl ifanc yn chwarae’r gerddoriaeth eto. Ces i amser gwych a baswn I’n mynd i sioeau Cwmni Cofis Bach eto yn y dyfodol.

Thanks to ntwTEAM I had the opportunity to go and see Tocyn i Ble? written by Sioned Llynor and Cofis Bach drama club. The very able Meistr y Tocynnau Darren Stokes, guided the audience on a journey through Bangor University’s library into a magical world of science and nature. The use of space was inventive and imaginative, and I loved the costumes and additional sets pieces/props used at each ‘stop’ of our journey. As a Welsh learner I was glad to see no translations, I find after a while they make me lazy and I’m at the point where I need to make that additional leap to improve my understanding of spoken Welsh.

After the event I chatted (yn Gymraeg!!) with musician Huw Owen. I’ve booked him for various events (he performs under the name Mr Huw) so enjoyed talking more about the work of the Cwmni Cofis Bach and how it supports disadvantaged young people in Caernarfon. This show is the culmination of months of work from dedicated arts practitioners in the region, and in a time where peripatetic music teachers are being cut from council budgets it was heartening to hear that Huw’s work is still supported in Caernarfon. Other, more myopic councils, could take note of this. Yes, austerity is biting huge chunks out of council’s budgets, but taking away funding for the only one-to-one creative outlet that some children and young people might get to experience is a short-sighted, short-term answer crushing those who need the most help to get on in life.

Getting off my soap-box to finish - I love work like this. I love projects where artists and community come together to create meaningful and beautiful pieces. There are only 40 tickets for each show and I hope they sell out. It’s important that, not just as artists, but also as people who actually care about the world we live in, we support the next generations of potential artists from all walks of life. Because if we don’t - who will?

Views: 573

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service