Firstly I need to state how incredible it is to be in rehearsals with so many fabulous women. It's a very female team and the men are hideously outnumbered but John and Daf are doing their very best to embrace their inner Shirleys.

Not only do we have a cast of nine actresses, the production ladies include our designer, assistant designer, wardrobe supervisor, wardrobe assistant, emerging director, movement director, lighting designer, company manager, assistant stage manager and video operator plus myself as deputy stage manager. (Sorry if I've missed anyone...)

Everyone is so supportive of each other in the rehearsal room, none of this stereotypical 'too many women turns into a mass cat fight' nonesense. Although it does get quite tense if the biscuits run out mid afternoon...

I should also mention the all female Merthyr community cast that Rhiannon has recruited, I've yet to have the pleasure of meeting them all yet but I have heard such wonderful things about them - I can't wait to see what's been going on during the evening rehearsals.

Anyway, the train is nearing Merthyr so its time to finish off my paperwork updates before heading to the Redhouse to grab my second coffee of the day before we start at 10:00

Sarah x

#ntwmother

Views: 84

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service