Looking for multi-lingual creative to join our R and D

Hi everyone,

We are looking for a creative to come and join us for a week of research and development.
I’m Bethan Marlow and I’m a Welsh writer that’s about to embark on a very exciting r and d week (funded by ACW) at WMC with theatre director Mared Swain and artist and dancer Marega Palser.
Here’a a little information about the project-
Dates- Nov 23-27th, 
Location- Weston studio, WMC.

As people all over Wales celebrate the anniversary of 150 years since the Welsh arrived in Patagonia, we have been questioning what exactly does it mean to have a group of people on the other side of the world speaking Welsh and hosting Eisteddfods? Is it not a little bizarre? 150 years on, are we even connected or have we both evolved to being two different nations? 

The idea for our play takes us 150 years into the future where numerous languages are spoken in Wales and Welsh is just one of them. Also, Paradise has been found- a land where folk make the long, arduous pilgrimage there so they can speak pure Welsh and practise their traditions without threat. But when they arrive they find it’s not exactly what they imagined. 

This play questions the suffocation of traditions and ancestry and explores the future of the Welsh language- both in the Promised Lands and in Wales.

And here’s what we’re looking for-

An actor, performer, poet or dancer, it doesn’t matter as long as you're excited to come and join us to explore our idea.

You can be aged 18-180. 

You need to be able to speak at least one of the following languages- Polish, Urdu, Somali, Punjabi or Gujarati.

You also need to be confident in speaking English.

If you are interested please email me with some details about yourself and why you are interested in joining us at

bethan@bethanmarlow.com

Look forward to hearing from you,

Bethan

Views: 257

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service