Critical Chinwag - Come & see "Tonight I'm going to be the new me" - For FREE

Hola TEAMsters,

It’s time to get those Cardiff Chins Critically wagging again!

We’ll be watching “Tonight I’m going to be the new me”  by the ever excellent  Made in China & brought to Cardiff by the equally fantastic Theatr Iolo.

We’ll be going to the performance at 8pm on Friday 8th April at Chapter Arts Centre, Cardiff.

I’m really pleased to be hosting this Chinwag. Made in China are such a bold, fearless & exciting collective & their work & collaborators never cease to challenge our expectations of performance.

“A woman takes to the stage. A man watches from the wings. They both wonder if their love will survive what’s about to happen.

Tonight I’m Gonna Be The New Me is an arresting physical endurance act that crashes headfirst into an impossibly true love story - and out the other side. It exposes how we perform our relationships amidst a reality that just won’t live up to what the movies promised.

Disarmingly honest and comically imagined, Tonight I’m Gonna Be The New Me pierces the bloody heart of our obsession with outlasting hardship. Intimate and startlingly immediate, it defies you to watch, in spite of yourself.”

There’s more info on the creative team etc here: http://ow.ly/ZID8z

In return for a FREE ticket and a post show drink, Critical Chinwag participants agree to meet in the Chapter bar after the performance and have an informal chinwag about the production. After that we ask that you tweet and/or blog about the experience and continue the discussion here on the NTW Community website page no later than two days after the performance. Always good to get your thoughts down while they’re fresh, I find.  I’m sure everyone will be good for that!

You need to be an ntwTEAM member to apply for a ticket, so if you haven’t already done so set up a profile on NTW Community here: http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/ and email:team@nationaltheatrewales.org to book a seat. We only have a small number of tickets for this show so it’s first-come, first-served. The deadline is Monday 4th April.

If you’ve been to a Critical Chinwag recently, perhaps you’d like to encourage a friend or two who haven’t been along before to apply for tickets? It’s relaxed, informal & a great way to see some theatre for FREE!

I look forward to meeting some new faces on 8th

Ben

Views: 209

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service